iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Smartphone & Fat Fingers

Started by Magicman, January 25, 2016, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

My Smartphone learning curve is still progressing.  Problem is my fingers happen to be stubby and touching only one, or the correct "key" on the keyboard is challenging at best.

At the last Pig Roast I got a WM ballpoint pen that has a soft rubber end designed for use as a stylus to aid folks like me.  This is fine, but I seldom carry a pen, so I went to Google.  I found 10 of these little jewels (about the size of a 357 cartridge) on EBay for $2.07 delivered.  I'll carry one in my pocket and see how it works.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Fat fingers here too Lynn, but I now have a monster phone so its easier except for the Dang autocorrect..
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

LeeB

My solution to the problem is not to text and only use the keyboard if I have to. I have enough problems with fat finger syndrome on a computer keyboard let alone on my phone.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Logger RK

I still haven't figured out how to put pictures  from my phone on this forum or look at messages sent to me. But come road postings(if we're lucky it's around March 15th if it stays cold enough)I'll have a little more time to figure it out👍😎

Magicman

I can email my pictures to my laptop or use the cord to transfer them.  I did upload one picture from the phone to my gallery, but quit there.  I don't think that I have tried to post them from the phone. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clearcut

If you can fat finger the microphone icon on the keyboard, you can just speak your text into the phone. Voice recognition is surprisingly good.

On an Android phone an app called Airdroid allows you to control your phone from your computer using a web browser. You can transfer photos and other files using a real keyboard and mouse.

https://goo.gl/2oNsxp
Carbon sequestered upon request.

sawguy21

Quote from: LeeB on January 26, 2016, 02:38:08 AM
My solution to the problem is not to text and only use the keyboard if I have to. I have enough problems with fat finger syndrome on a computer keyboard let alone on my phone.
:D :D I have tried texting but gave it up for that reason, spent too much time trying to correct mistakes. Actually I am ready to deep six this DanG phone and reactivate the old flip.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm