iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

small diameter firewood processing

Started by h2ofwlr, January 24, 2016, 08:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

h2ofwlr

Has anyone  seen or built a processor that can cut multiple blocks from small diameter (4 to 7) logs or cut multiple logs with one pass. Pinossa comes to mind but too expensive etc. seems like there has to be a simpler way of breaking down the small logs.  Any thoughts, leads or advise greatly appreciated. Mark

Hilltop366

h2ofwlr

Had not seen that one> I am always skeptical  of the  availability of parts and service from overseas companies that are not established in the US It does seem to move along pretty efficiently> I will have to look for a few more videos

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

That one is good if you can pick up the log in question, very good option for branches. One of the main requirements for a multi log cut machine is a pusher instead of a trough chain or conveyor. You could make a smaller version of this one.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSXvdKupzgo

When I first saw this one I thought that the pusher was just another way of moving a log and couldn't see any advantage until I saw them drop multiple logs in the trough.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

h2ofwlr

r man  I agree that the pinosa  seems like the ticket. I was hoping someone here would have traveled the road already and had built one or knew of a manufacturer in the US that was producing something similar. I am personally not a very good fabricator. mark

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

r.man

h2 the main thing about the Pinosa is the large log trough with a pusher instead of a chain. The only other thing you really need is a bypass for the splitter, and most could have an added slide to drop in above the splitter trough to allow the small pieces to go over the splitter head and directly to the conveyor.

h2ofwlr

r.man:  Do you know of anyone or manufacturer that I might discuss  a build with? Mark

woodmills1

I have the prototype for the small chomper that was gravity fed.  It is a great small wood machine, but would only feed one stick at a time.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

h2ofwlr

R.man  was your chomper manufactured in Rainier Oregon? Mark

r.man

r.man

h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr

Sorry I  was posting a reply to woodmills about the chomper.  I believe the chomper processors belive built in rainier Oregon which is not too far from me, Mark

woodmills1

r.man

H2o I recall other people asking about the fate of the Chomper company maybe you can find out through local contacts and post the results. I don't recall anyone having more than speculation.

h2ofwlr

R man  The owner of Rainier hydraulics and chomper  passed away and the company no longer exist. mark

r.man

Thanks Mark. I like the look of the shear type processor, seems a shame that no one took over the operation.

thecfarm

I like the shear too. I saw one in action once. I kinda liked the idea of just winching the logs to the unit.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

h2ofwlr

a producer has had problems with meeting the quality required for bundled wood with the chomper. It is great for home delivery. less problems etc than the saw type  processors mark

r.man

Thank You Sponsors!