iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Equipment Auction Fever

Started by slowzuki, October 14, 2004, 07:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowzuki

Had to leave that place :D (gov auction)  I could have ended up buying a backhoe or worse!  Nearly got hit with hydro fluid as some genius fired up an old JCB with a swing cyl missing and promptly swung the  hoe into the side of a truck :o  Nice shower of fluid when he tried to stop the swing!

Anyone have trouble staying away from these auctions?  I saw a post hole digger, snow blower, 2 post car lift, backhoe etc that I would like to bring home!

beetle

Yep...cant stay away, thats why I'm building another Barn. Gotta learn how to leave the check book at home.
Too many hobbies...not enough time.

Furby

Oooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah!!!!!!!!!! ;)
It helps to just not go, but ya ALWAYS make time for them, right? ::) ;D

duke401

yep, there is one in 8 days 1.5 miles away they had put a lot of hay,i could use a lot of stuff BUT BUT BUT.
duke

Roxie

My Cowboy, Bob, is totally out of control.  Big auction last Saturday and he came home with a Massey Harris "33" WITH a loader attachment, AND an antique wooden corn planter, AND some kind of tractor rims.  Bearing in mind that we currently have a John Deere 3020, a John Deere A, and a '58 Case 400, I told him that our tractor collection was getting ecumenical.  He told me not to worry, he already rented a neighbors barn for 'extra storage'.   :D
Say when

Murf

Roxie, your pretty lucky to have somebody buying you all those swell gifts......  :D

If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

SwampDonkey

:D :D too funny :D :D

I remember an old fella up this way that went to alot of auctions and flee markets. He was always tinkering and fixing some piece of J...K to sell. I remember he found an old outboard and got it going. He sold it to my grandfather, it started once, and never again. This old feller never made five cents in the long run. His mother used to run a hotel and this feller, her son, had a store in 20 miles away, this was way before my time. But anyway, grand father was talking to the old woman one day about this and that and the subject of her son came up in conversation. She said to grandfather that she had to move him next door to keep an eye on him ,cause he was costing her money up at his own store. He was always getting took on some piece of j..k. :D :D

I thought I would edit out that word for everyone's sake. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bruce_A

You were getting close to hurting my feelings there.  I spell my collection "junque" even on my business cards.  And if you have enough treasure to give away, I can possibly find a way to help clean up your place. :) :) :D ;) ;)

SwampDonkey

I remember when I was a youngster and we had moved to great grandfather's place a while back. We used to have great fun climbing old wooden machinery he had strung around the farm. There was this old hey elavator thingy with wood parts on it. I guess  they used to it pick up bales out of the field and onto the hey trucks. Anyway, we kind of got a little distructive at times when playing and that piece of machinery didn't quite make it through the war. :D Father reminded me the other day that we used to have this thing and if it were't for his two spoiled rotten kids he'd still have it. :D :D I sincerely think it woulda fell apart as soon as it was hitched to the tractor, it was real old. Funny what the old fart thinks about now when he's retired from farming. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Frickman

I must have something wrong with me, but I never got into collecting stuff. I'll go to an occasional auction if it's on a rainy day, and sometimes pick up something small I need anyway. Never go to the flea markets. A long time ago I learned that new equipment is often cheaper in the long run, so I just go down to the big store and bite the bullet. Something I do pick up when I can is old hay hooks. We handle alot of small square bales and use them all the time.

Some of the neighbors must think I'm an equipment dealer too, as there is always something parked along the road for sale. If I'm not using it it's probably going down the road very soon.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

SwampDonkey

Haytrader

My hobby IS trading. My hats have my company name, MH Trading Co.
Hopeing to sell a 155 HP tractor for $5000 this weekend I bought a month ago for $4500 and farmed 600 acres ahead of the drill.
 ;)
Two of my brothers have a hobby called golf. In fact, I think they are addicted to it.

I went to an auction a while back to try to buy a tractor. It needed some work and got higher than I thought it was worth. BUT, I bought two trucks. Both old Fords w/grain boxes. One for $120 and one for $150. Both have hoists.
 ;D
Going to an auction today that has two skid loaders.
Wish me luck.
Haytrader

Roxie

Good one Murf!!   :D :D :D
Haytrader.....how'd you make out at the auction?  
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!