iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

throwing darts, has anyone come up with a new game?

Started by drobertson, January 21, 2016, 10:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

I've gotten back into the game of late, lots of fun, in fact forgot how much, threw a lot back in the  80's
then got out of it till the son in law re-introduced me, and since have a new board.  So I scanned the web, found how big it is, never knew, and have followed a few top contenders and their practice routines. Needless to say it can be boring practicing, but have found that in doing so, the opportunity for some new game might be possible, so do any of you throw darts, and do you have different games from the normal, traditional ones?  I have some ideas, but kinda embarrassed to mention because I have not proved them yet,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

drobertson

only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

scgargoyle

Make up a game with a goalie- That should spice things up a bit! :D :D :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Logger RK

We came up with The Rock Game. It's usually the last day of Deer Gun season. All depends if there is ice on the pond also. We'll shoot a hole in the ice & since it's a old abandoned railroad grade there plenty of rocks. Firsts one to get 10 rocks in the hole wins.The grade is about 50 feet higher then the pond so it can b hard to do. Especially if some one happens to bring a Nipping Jug👍😎

Chuck White

We used to play a game of darts called Baseball, in this game to win, you play in rotation and you throw your 3 darts and when you hit all 20 numbers + the bullseye 3 times, you're done.

Sometimes we would even play the double and triple rings, so you would have to hit the single, double & triple + hit the bullseye 3 times to win.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

My son won the state dart tournament a few years ago, and up until he moved out last year, we had a proffesioal dart machine out in the back cabin. My daughters 30th birthday this year was a dart party at the airport bar. I had not thrown darts since my last solder operation. I threw 3 darts that night just for fun and threw a hat trick. I quit right there as I wanted to end the night on a note of perfection. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandhills

Quote from: scgargoyle on January 22, 2016, 05:48:01 AM
Back when we were kids we'd have dart wars, BB gun wars..... It's a wonder we all can still see  ::)

Raider Bill

Quote from: sandhills on January 22, 2016, 10:03:23 AM
Quote from: scgargoyle on January 22, 2016, 05:48:01 AM
Back when we were kids we'd have dart wars, BB gun wars..... It's a wonder we all can still see  ::)

Don't forget house Jarts :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

drobertson

Well the reason I ask, I guess out of a case of boredom, but I find the game intriguing when you look at how the numbers are arranged.  The history is some what sketchy, but still compels me to know the reason to the madness.
I figured out by adding the single, double and triple score of each number comes up to a multiple of 6, which is pretty cool, then I stumbled across the game 51 by 5's, which is a game where one scores points by hitting numbers that can be factored by 5. The bull double is 100, 20/5, so anyway just trying to figure it out for whatever reason, and not just wear out the 20 thru 15 numbers,,  anyway its' a great winter time activity down stairs around the stove, 

Jeff

Cricket is our game of choice.  We really like that.

Roger2561

Quote from: Jeff on January 22, 2016, 11:10:52 AM

Wow!  Trying to hit a cricket with a dart, now that's what I call an interesting game!   ;D

Roger
Roger

drobertson

Quote from: Jeff on January 22, 2016, 11:10:52 AM
here as well, just thought maybe someone had come across a different game, I have been flurting with one called 120 to zero,  using 2, 4, 6, and 8, the player has to hit the single double and triple of each which totals 120, then to close do the same with the 20.  I don't know just playing around with numbers on this cold winter day while I take care of my bride after here gall bladder surgery. 

Roxie

Ouch!  Please tell your wife we wish her a speedy recovery.   :)
Say when

drobertson

Quote from: Roxie on January 22, 2016, 06:08:01 PM
Ouch!  Please tell your wife we wish her a speedy recovery.   :)
thank you Roxie,!  very nice of you,, and I will,  she is doing much better today,  easy meals we planned ahead of time ya know,  and plenty of wood for a warm house,,, thanks so much,,

Jeff

Late last night my Son Jeremy won the 2016 state men's singles cricket dart championship.

thecfarm

Congratulation to him. Is there region next??? Or whatever it's called.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

drobertson

Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2016, 08:15:57 AM
Late last night my Son Jeremy won the 2016 state men's singles cricket dart championship.
That's fantastic, give him our congrats! 

samandothers

Drobertson, hope you bride heals quickly!  Bummer of a way to spend Valentines day!  Of course you have the opportunity to show her your love through caring for her!

Jeff congrats to your son!

TimRB

There are many web sites out there that tell how to play different darts games.  Here's one:  http://www.mostdartgames.com/dartmain.html

Tim

drobertson

Wow, never saw this one, nice, and thanks,, I was just looking for different practice games to help in the accuracy.  Lots to choose from  these,, much appreciated,

Buckshot00

Back in college, a long time ago we played darts.  Can't remember the actual name.  But we started with trying to close out a number (get three hits on a number)  then if you hit that number you scored off it until your opponent hit it three times.  You closed out all the numbers and then had to hit the bull three times.  Most points win.  I wouldn't mind playing again.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on February 14, 2016, 08:15:57 AM

I don't know anything about Darts Jeff but tell Jeremy congratulations.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: TimRB on February 14, 2016, 12:55:07 PM
There are many web sites out there that tell how to play different darts games.  Here's one:  http://www.mostdartgames.com/dartmain.html

Tim

Nice site.  Never new there were so many ways to play darts.  That settles it, when I get my cabin built, there will be a dart board to go along with all our other fun games! (there won't be a TV ;) )
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

rjwoelk

So why did they ban lawn darts? But still have these regular darts, just as dangerous. Poke out a eye just the same. Oh maybe cause we use to throw them high as we could and run. :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Thank You Sponsors!