iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Big snow coming to the NorthEast

Started by kensfarm, January 21, 2016, 08:51:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kensfarm

From DC to Philly the prediction is 2ft+..  gusts to 50mph..  I guess we'll see.  Drove home from work this evening..  gas station was out of gas.. it said they only had premium..  I pumped for 5 minutes and only got .50 cents worth of gas..  I was probably burning more just idling.  Hit the grocery store across the street.. it wasn't a mob scene but the bread shelf looked 1/2 empty.  I just needed cat food and milk.  Last big snow like this..  they even pulled the plow trucks off the road because of the wind.  The road in front of the farm is below the fields.. so it gets filled in.  It looked like this..  I cleared the road to the nearest neighbor's house.. took me 2 days.  No one lives on the farm across the street.

thecfarm

Yes,it's supposed to be a bad storm. Stock up and stay home.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

snowstorm

for the rite price i could bring a fleet of plow trucks down

dustyhat

Must be global warming. my area supposed to get eight inches and up with predicted two inches of ice, my brother just called and said he went to the store and all he could get was powdered milk and a box of crackers :D

4x4American

Anyone know how far north this storm is posed to go? 

Boy, back in my day..

dustyhat

red

There is no storm . They are trying to sell milk and bread to stimulate the Economy.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Magicman

Not snow here, but the storm blasted through like a freight train.  Hopefully there were no damaging tornadoes.  The temperature instantly dropped from 68° to 57° and it continues to steadily drop.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dustyhat

I think Maryland is getting preped. so its probly gona climb north pretty high.

John Mc

Quote from: 4x4American on January 21, 2016, 09:22:21 PM
Anyone know how far north this storm is posed to go?

Last I checked, the northern edge of it is only supposed to get up to a line running from the MA/NH line on the coast, sloping down through central MA, to the CT/MA line where it intersects with NY. and following a similar line to the WSW from there (well south of Albany).

I wish some of it were coming further north. We could use some more snow up here.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

gspren

I'm in Southern PA in the 16-24" predicted area so I got out both snow blowers, aimed them south and hopefully helped push the storm away. I also walked around all the buildings looking for stuff that the blowers shouldn't blow.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

4x4American

Quote from: red on January 21, 2016, 09:26:54 PM
There is no storm . They are trying to sell milk and bread to stimulate the Economy.

I wouldn't doubt that for a half second!
Boy, back in my day..

WV Sawmiller

Predicting 2' here. Worst part may be Tuesday when we are predicting rain. If it does it will rapidly melt the snow and we will have big time flooding. Check with us next week.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

dustyhat

Wv, gona get hammered , i might be wrong but this is the first time i have ever seen the weather channel give a power outage forecast.

r.man

Not supposed to get as far as Canada.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Hilltop366

It might make it to Southern Nova Scotia, It is still in Canada so far. ;D

sandsawmill14

Quote from: red on January 21, 2016, 09:26:54 PM

i hope you are right because i didnt buy either ;D but we are only in the 4-8 area but it just as well be 2' anything over 3" is catastrophic down here :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

red

I like to be consistent. I am only right twice a day like a stopped clock.  There is a chance of coastal flooding because of the Full Moon

red

Temps are expected to be in the 40s next week

red

When Michael Bloomberg was mayor of NYC he would always ask people to donate blood if it was safe to walk.to their local hospital . 8 million people stuck at home and the local.hospital is out of blood .  Any storm causes blood shortages.

Chuck White

It's been quiet here, weatherwise.

Get up in the mornings and it's hovering just above zero and late afternoon, it'll be up close to 30°.

No snow for the past few days!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

East ky logging

Giving 12" for us. Just started snowing
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

gspren

I was out with the dog this morning about a half hour before sun-up and the sky was very red which has always meant a storm was coming. Weather dudes still calling 16-24 here.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

It is 35° and we are getting snow flurries.   :o

Maybe that was our 15 minutes of fame.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

curdog

I haven't measured the snow yet, but to my well calibrated eye it looks like 6-7 inches on the porch railing this morning  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!