iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with Log marking by buyer

Started by dgdrls, January 21, 2016, 06:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgdrls

Can I get some help with the markings on these logs,
They were cut in the Mohawk Valley region of N.Y.
The buyer was a local shop out of Oswego County.

Thanks
Dan

mad murdock

The number preceeding the"V" (for veneer) looks like 8 foot veneer, and 10 foot veneer. Not sure what the digits above might signify.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

dgdrls

I suspected the veneer coding,  these photos are about 8 years old.  My initiation into marking a tract
for a select cut.   I learned a bunch and have even more to learn!!  :) 

I was thinking the additional
numbers 1219, 1220 were some type of control numbers?

Thanks Mad M.

Dan

Maine logger88

The 1219 is 12 foot long 19 inches diameter
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

Vtbowhunter3

Every mill or scaler has different ways of doing it so hard to tell what's going on with every log. Maine logger is right about length and diameter with 1222. The one to the left that says 1022 above 822 is a 10 foot log that he bought for a 8 foot. Most likely the 8v and 10v, etc are his grades which vary from place to place and region.

jmouton

nice looking logs,,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

dgdrls

Thanks Gentlemen,  I was discussing this with another friend and he was of the same opinion
about the 1219 1220 numbers being length/diameter codes and the V being Veneer coding,

much appreciated,

Dan

coxy

I think I know the co that bought those logs  :)

dgdrls

Quote from: coxy on January 22, 2016, 05:17:38 PM
I think I know the co that bought those logs  :)

Coxy,  The Gang at Allwood purchased our timber back then.

Dan

tj240

the first number is lenght second diam. then usually grade, if the top number has a line with a different number, the log was cut on paper.
work with my father[jwilly] and my son. we have a 240 tj 160 barko[old] works great three generations working together

dgdrls

Quote from: tj240 on January 25, 2016, 05:20:57 PM
the first number is lenght second diam. then usually grade, if the top number has a line with a different number, the log was cut on paper.

Thank you tj240

Dan

Thank You Sponsors!