iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Verso news....

Started by Woodhauler, January 20, 2016, 07:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grassfed

If Sappi buys Verso in Maine pulp prices will most likely drop since they were bidding against each other. I get $27 a ton right now after trucking. I'd probably stop cutting around $20 get a CDL and do some cross country driving. I'm going to CDL school this mud season if I can afford it. I can cut wood part time after that,.
Mike

snowstorm

the latest.......verso is not selling the jay mill there are going to run it

snowstorm

now whats going on...expera just sold the old town mill to mfgr llc

snowstorm

mfgr sounds like there are the one handling the auction at Lincoln pulp & paper 

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on January 27, 2016, 04:07:13 PM
we will see!  buyers are looking. if its not for sale why keep courting them guys?
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

new imfo in the bangor paper

snowstorm

Quote from: Woodhauler on January 27, 2016, 05:22:52 PM
we will see!  buyers are looking. if its not for sale why keep courting them guys?
dont know but that was the text i got and you know where it came from

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on January 27, 2016, 05:16:03 PM
mfgr sounds like there are the one handling the auction at Lincoln pulp & paper
Another mill going to the crusher!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Woodhauler

Quote from: snowstorm on January 27, 2016, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: Woodhauler on January 27, 2016, 05:22:52 PM
dont know but that was the text i got and you know where it came from
Well I was told they are still shopping it around. Everything is for sale.

snowstorm

sounds like old town is going to the crusher also

snowstorm

in the bangor paper verso says there market declined because of imports. so did all the extra come from canada? or some from europe... finland sweden?? i read that lumber is being imported from sweden finland

snowstorm

if verso owes you for wood and they offer you $.25 on the dollar and say they will pay you if full a few months later....dont  unless you read all the fine print or your lawyer dose. you may be never get the rest

snowstorm

Quote from: grassfed on January 26, 2016, 10:53:32 AM
Suppliers should read this https://www.versoco.com/wps/wcm/connect/6a552b43-db26-48ca-b955-6fd2b9ca5f73/Restructuring+-+SUPPLIERS+Frequently+Asked+Questions+FINAL.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Bankruptcy draws a line between bills incurred before the filling date (jan 26) and the bills incurred after that date. If verso owes you money before the date you must file a claim to get paid and you might not get everything. If you sell them wood going forward they have to pay you because things are now controlled by the court.

Woodhauler you are safer selling them wood now when they are in Chapter 11 than you were before they filed.
they can go back 90 days before bankruptcy and ask for some of what they paid you back. thats what happened with new page. when i say they the judge desides. this could be a wild ride for some

Thank You Sponsors!