iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Power to Woodmizer Command Control Problem solved!!!(Stupidy is the cause of

Started by forester2009, January 20, 2016, 05:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forester2009

As the title states I have no power to my command control.  I haven't used my Woodmizer in several months, and when I turn the key I have no juice..  No clicks, no lights, nothing.  I have checked the battery, its good.  The fuses were tested with a test light and they are good. I cleaned the ground on the bottom rail, and nothing.  Any suggestions, maybe a broken wire somewhere??  Before I pulled the mill into the garage to work on it I tried to start it.  I turned the key and every thing lite up like normal.  All I got was a click so I assumed the battery was weak.  Now I have nothing.   
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

ladylake

Check those battery cable ends, also mice may have chewed off wires some where.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Kbeitz

The easiest way to find your problem is with a 12volt light bulb with test leads.
Turn the power switch on.
Then I would hook one wire to the pos of the battery and the other wire to the end of the first wire
coming off the post post to where ever it goes. If the light lights then your problem is somewhere between
where your touching and the pos post. Keep moving down the line until you find the spot that make your
light come on. If you don't find it them move your first wire off the pos post and put it on the neg post.
Then follow the ground wire the same way. When the light lights you found the problem.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

terrifictimbersllc

It might help to add the year and model of your mill to your profile, others who have the same mill might offer more direct help.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

bkaimwood

Good advice from Kbeitz... Electricity is a mystery to many people, merely due to unnecessary complication. Keep it simple, stupid. Voltage tests are good, but voltage drop test, as described by Kbeitz, are the most accurate. The only thing I would add is that test lights draw very little amperage, and sometimes can miss voltage drops...an old 1157 bulb or similar in socket from an older vehicle is my choice, it applies some load to the circuit. You just have to cautious around circuits that may be sensitive computer based circuits...
bk

forester2009

Well Fellas,  It was a simple fix.  I had the plugs on the command control backwards. 
2006 WoodMizer lt70 Cat diesel Command Control,  Corley Two Blade edger, Case W7 wheelloader,  Old Hmc Debarker,  Cat Genset

Magicman

Not stupid, just a mistake.  Taking ownership and admitting mistakes helps everyone, because there will always be a "next time".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

petefrom bearswamp

Glad it was simple.
Now real stupidity is putting the blade on backwards especially when you dont notice it until you try to enter a log
Dont ask!
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

forester2009

Ohio_Bill

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Thank You Sponsors!