iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw chain making set-up

Started by Solo33, January 19, 2016, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo33

Hey fellas just wondering if you had pictures of your chain making set up? I just ordered my own making kit and could use some ideas more so for the chain ruler to mark out chain from the roll. It seems to be a three piece sticker so maybe stick it to a piece of lumber..?

Thanks
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

CTYank

Exactly what I did, onto an 8' 2x4, with a couple brads for the rivet-hole of the first tie-strap. On a 2x4 it stows out of the way when not needed.

Long enough bench could work also, I just wouldn't want to be banging stuff around on those "chain-ruler" plastic strips. Seems they wouldn't last long that way.  :snowman:

Whatever's simplest to mark the rivets to be broken is the next question- black marker or white-out?
'72 blue Homelite 150
Echo 315, SRM-200DA
Poulan 2400, PP5020, PP4218
RedMax GZ4000, "Mac" 35 cc, Dolmar PS-6100
Husqy 576XP-AT
Tanaka 260 PF Polesaw, TBC-270PFD, ECS-3351B
Mix of mauls
Morso 7110

DDW_OR

Solo33, where did you get the chain making kit?
I have 4 chainsaws, some 3/8, and some 325
"let the machines do the work"

Solo33

I got it at Baileys. The kit was 139.
I know I was born and I know I will die, the in between is mine, I am mine

deerslayer

On most of them, the chain guide is quite a ways from the starting point. I have some finish nails in my bench and then the guide decals are stuck down farther down. I do have a long bench but if I had to do it over, I may have put it on a piece of lumber as well. My guide is finally starting to get torn up after several years of doing other stuff on top of it. I have 4 chain grinders and clamp those to the bench when I need them.
Too many chainsaws, not enough wood.
Stihl, Husky, Craftsman, Mac, Homelite, Poulan. Some live here, some just passing through.

Thank You Sponsors!