iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Winter project jd 450 crawler

Started by Lazy logger, January 19, 2016, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazy logger

So my father in law decided to fix second gear in his 450. Like anything else you start finding out you need a lot of other stuff too. So here I am looking for a place to purchase some used parts. Any help would be appreciated. I'll start with a couple obvious things we found. Thanks in advance.
First the final drive gears on the right side. Both drive and driven.
Second is the 2 nd gear with syncro

I know the voices in my head aren't real,but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

snowstorm

while you have it apart its a good time to reinforce the side frames. they all break crack at the weld sooner or later

Ed_K

There's a place in Vt. advertising on craig's list that has a lot of 350-450 parts.
Ed K

lopet

Sorry no help here, but I thought that was only me doing,  starting new project before I get the old ones finished. 

Ran out of students ?

Sorry couldn't  resist !  ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Ford_man

Lazy logger

Thanks guys, snowstorm where and what do you do to strengthen the the side frames?
Good one lopet! They are just now getting back on the processor. I don't think I can get them anywhere near this project. Way too much grease.lol
I know the voices in my head aren't real,but sometimes their ideas are just absolutely awesome!

snowstorm

they crack where they bolt to the final drive housing. some add some steel to the inside. all depends on how ruff you use it. other problem areas are the cross beams that bolt to the track frame. the later thicker beam isnt as bad. if its the thinner one i have a fix for it. if you take a pic of it i can tell which one you have. the 2 big bolts that go thru the side frame into the clutch housing. you either got them out or they were broke. replace with new grade 8. i used cat bolts never had anymore problems. if thats a c it has wet steering clutches replace the hose in the steering clutch housing. just because you have it apart

Lazy logger

Thanks for the info, I will get some pictures soon.

Thank You Sponsors!