iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hardwood Lumber & Sawmill Workshop 3/17/2016

Started by Tom the Sawyer, January 17, 2016, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom the Sawyer

The Illinois Wood Utilization Team has just announced a Hardwood Lumber & Sawmill Workshop, one-day program set for Thursday, March 17th, 2016 in Oak Brook, Illinois.  This program will be presented by Professor Daniel Cassens of Purdue University, and will be the day before the "Bringing the Urban Forest Full Circle" Conference - also in Oak Brook, Illinois.  He is the author of a book recently discussed on the forum, "Manufacturing and Marketing Eastern Hardwood Lumber Produced by Thin Kerf Band Mills."

Registrations are discounted through 2/20/16, and/or in combination with the Full Circle registration.  Topics on the workshop agenda include: Why Wood Is Good, Wood Quality & Characteristics, Log Scaling (In the Tree & on the Ground), Hardwood Lumber Grading & Pricing, Sawing Patterns & Grade Sawing, Wood Moisture & Drying, Stain & Insects, and Selling & Marketing Wood Products for Small & Traditional Producers.

Registration is limited to 50 people.
http://illinoisurbanwood.org/urban-wood-conference/
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Tom the Sawyer

07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!