iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fruitcake Shootout

Started by Magicman, January 14, 2016, 07:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

I still had a slice of Claxton Fruitcake left, a portion of the last Collin Street Fruitcake, plus the nice Southern Supreme Fruitcake that Buck sent me. 

There was nothing to do but to have a Fruitcake Shootout.

Now, this was going to be both easy and difficult.

Easy, because both the Collin Street and the Southern Supreme easily beat the Claxton.  For the record, the Claxton is very heavy on raisins which was OK with me until I actually made some comparisons.

Difficult, because both the Collin Street and Southern Supreme are very good.  But: The Collin St. is about equal with fruit and nuts whereas you have to look closely to find any fruit in the Southern Supreme.  I finally noticed that some of the decoration on the Southern Supreme box is actually writing.  "Old Fashioned Nutty Fruitcake" and "More nuts than fruit.....Fruitcake"  Both are winners, but since I grew up eating Pecans, my nod has to go to the Southern Supreme.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

This is almost as bad as you taking pictures of your toes!

I've never had a piece of fruit cake, I have a nut allergy...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

elk42

I love good fruitcake looks real good. smiley_clapping smiley_clapping smiley_clapping
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

samandothers

Very good! 

I am glad you did this post and the taste test.  There is a Youtube 'How To Make Fruitcake - Southern Supreme Gourmet Specialties'.  It showed them dump in what looks to be some pineapple and a bunch of nuts!

That Buck is a fine fellow. 

Texas Ranger

We stop at the Collins bakery every time we go to Dallas.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WV Sawmiller

I think a jury trial is required rather than judge alone. I volunteer to sit in judgment.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 14, 2016, 09:43:24 PM
  I think a jury trial is required rather than judge alone. I volunteer to sit in judgment.

I don't mind judging Fruit Cakes....but PLEASE don't bring up Jury Trial.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

With that title I'm glad this wasn't posted in the Health and Safety Board.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

scgargoyle

I was going to recommend .357 Mag hollow points, but apparently you actually eat the stuff...
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Chuck White

I received a fruitcake from the Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana, TX.

It's one of the round cakes, came in a collector tin.

Looks very tasty, but I have another fruitcake that I've been into, so this new one is going to be sitting in my freezer for a while!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

LittleJohn

I thought it was a misprint, I thought it was to say you "shot out the fruitcake", like used it as a cannon ball in cannon or other high power ballistic equipment

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Couldn't imagine cleaning that rifle!   :o

What a waste of "lookin' good" fruitcake

I don't have an AK, but I have a MAC-90 which is only semi.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

47sawdust

Chuck,
I finished my Collins fruitcake the day after Christmas.Is your freezer hard to find?,House locked?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Chuck White

Yes, and Yes Mick!   ;D

It looks like a really good fruitcake!

We'll find out after these little ones are gone!

Roxie

Quote from: scgargoyle on January 15, 2016, 06:37:10 AM
I was going to recommend .357 Mag hollow points, but apparently you actually eat the stuff...

:D :D :D
Say when

coxy

that guy is on the same page as me get that fruit cake as far away as possible  :D :) ;D :laugh:

Thank You Sponsors!