Sponsors:

It is a good morning

Started by Texas Ranger, January 13, 2016, 09:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

when you wake  up in TEXAS!   8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

yukon cornelius

If I were to move to a different state I think that would be the one I would choose. I love it there!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Grizzly

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 13, 2016, 09:44:29 AM
when you wake  up in TEXAS!   8)

You sound just like our Albertans!!   :D :D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Magicman

Every time that I have "woke up in Texas" I was going somewhere else.  It's hard to cross Texas without sleeping somewhere.  smiley_sleeping   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

drobertson

Only woke up there 6 times, each one as good as the other, big ole state to drive across, not counting the pan handle,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

starmac

Coming from a natural born Texan, while it is a good morning when you wake up in Texas (anywhere actually) it's a great morning when you wake up in Alaska. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

elk42

I admire and respect Texans  for there pride in there state. And being 73 it is a good
day every day I wake up in Arkansas.
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

tmarch

Spent 8 weeks in basic training at Ft. Bliss, NEVER had a good morning wakeup there. >:(
Retired to the ranch, saw, and sell solar pumps.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LeeB

I kinda figure every time I open my eyes and suck in another lungful it's a good morning no matter where I am. Some mornings are way better than others, I do admit, and I'll always be a Texan at heart no matter where I hang my hat.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

red

Texas . . First thing that comes to mind is Cheerleaders
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Gadrock

I have driven across Texas about 100 times. I considered it grand if it was done in 10-1/2 hours.

And I lived there for about a lifetime...one year. Oh Yeah! The weather changes often...expectantly...undesirably...and then it is H-O-T or it is C-O-L-D

david G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Jeff

Quote from: red on January 14, 2016, 06:16:27 AM
Texas . . First thing that comes to mind is Cheerleaders

First thing that comes to mind to me, is way to many topics on the subject started by the same someone that is obviously trying to convince himself why he still lives there. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Driving across TX, it's always a great feeling when you reach the border.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Texas kinda reminds me of grits. All that likes them, trys to convince others how great it is.  ;D ::)
I have had grits,so know how they are. BUT I have never been to Texas. I just might like Texas.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

he last time I woke up in Texas I had just been discharged from the Army and on my way home.

Don't get me wrong I like Texas but El Paso not so much ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sawguy21

A Canadian tourist asked a Texan "How much land do you have?" "Wall, Ah'll tell y'all. Ah can git in mah truck, drive all day and still not be across mah land." The Canadian studied him for a moment and replied " Yeah, I had a truck like that".
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

fat olde elf

With all due respect TR, at our age just waking up anywhere (except the slammer) is just cause for gratitude. My US Army grandson Jacob is being sent to El Paso!!!!!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

Thank You Sponsors!