iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to this forum thing!

Started by thatchipperguy, January 12, 2016, 04:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatchipperguy

I'm running a model 2755 flail chipper in central Michigan. I see alot of guys on here are doing grade but wonder how many guys r doing any kind of chipping?
I just uploaded a video on you tube under...2755 morbark flail in the cab. If you search that it shows me running our chipper.
Thanks!

Roxie

Say when

samandothers

Magicman

No chipping here but Welcome to the Forestry Forum, thatchipperguy.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, thatchipperguy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Oh my, it's alive and hungry.  Feed it quick!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dgdrls

Welcome to the FF,  best place on the Web!!

Dan

thatchipperguy

samandothers

mmmmmm yum get in my belly!

Feed me!

thecfarm

thatchipperguy,welcome to the forum.
Seen this thread.  ;D  This will keep you busy.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
Add a video,pictures in that thread too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Brad_bb

Welcome thatchipperguy!

So why do you chip?  To sell? To clean? For multch?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

thatchipperguy

These are clean chips we sell to make paper. Send them to PCA. We will cut logs then if there is any firewood we cut that too, then the slasher man hands me the tops.

Magicman

I am surprised that chips from non-debarked tops are going to a paper mill.  It just shows that the processes are different for different products.

yukon cornelius

Welcome! That is quite a machine.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Knocker of rocks

Quote from: Magicman on January 13, 2016, 09:29:48 AM
I am surprised that chips from non-debarked tops are going to a paper mill.  It just shows that the processes are different for different products.

Could be hog fuel too.

Worked on several power boilers at sawmills, and they burned a nice amalgam of waste wood.  And then I worked at the co-gen power boiler at a large pulp mill, and I was shocked that they basically try to run on bark and mud, and then bellyache about the poor quality of the fuel.

I guess they had better mud BITD.

thatchipperguy

These trees are debarked. I'm running a flail chipper with 3 flail drums. Our chips have to be under 3% bark. Mill checks our loads everday and if its over I hear about it.....I hate that phone call

beenthere

Now that you mention it, could see the bark being spit out the side. Very interesting combination of processing steps within that machine.
Does the flail just remove bark, and a chipper there to make the chips?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thatchipperguy

The clean chips are going into the chips van and the bark goes out the side. The flail drum have 9 link chain on them spinning at 400 rpm beating the bark and small limbs off the trees. We chip around 1200 tons of chips a week.

It doesn't take us all day to do a days worth of work!
:D

gspren

I see you live in the center of the FF universe, do you know Jeff?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thatchipperguy

No I don't know who Jeff is. I have only been working in the woods for about 8 yrs so kinda new to the business.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thatchipperguy on January 13, 2016, 07:28:52 PM
No I don't know who Jeff is. I have only been working in the woods for about 8 yrs so kinda new to the business.

I was really close to you back in the summer.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thatchipperguy

No I do not know him. I have been working in the woods for about 8yrs so I'm kinda new in the game.

thatchipperguy

Thank You Sponsors!