iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid steer chainsaw

Started by Grower, January 11, 2016, 03:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grower

Hello, I own a Case 1840 skid steer and want to build a hydraulic chainsaw assembly for it. Looks easy enough but I need to know which pump would be best suited to attach the chainsaw drive to. Whats the optimum revs, chain size etc.
Its better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Gearbox

What do you plan on cutting ? bucking limbing slashing or felling ?
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Grower

Hello, felling 20 year old pines that have been topped into a hedge, they would average say 45cm or 18" in diameter at the base. 6 metres or 20 feet tall.

Gearbox

WOW with a 1840 you better wear your seat belt . one snall hole and you will be on your side or your nose . I would think a 20 ft is going to weigh 6 to 900 pounds with the limbs on . If you are doing a cut and carry [buncher] or a drive thru saw [ tip over on top of you] . Let us know what your plan is for your saw .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Grower

Its a hedge, they have been side pruned so are easy to get at, one after the other. All we need is them on the deck and we dont need to lift them at any stage of cutting, before or after. Swipe swipe swipe is all we need to do.

Grower

I would upload a pic of something like we reckon is needed but I cant work the upload on this forum, I have never understood it.

coxy

would like to see pic of your cutter when you get it done

Gearbox

OK let us know how it works out for you . Sounds like a job for a 394 Husky and a tough man .

Thank You Sponsors!