iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ill never

Started by coxy, January 10, 2016, 07:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

live this one down    but what is lodge pine worth 1 tree about 13in on the butt and maybe 40ft long it was said to be 90 years old and worth 1-2k  :o :o :-\ :-\ ??? ??? if you watch tv you will know where it came from if it is worth that much im moving to where that stuff grows  :D :D 8) 8)

beenthere

Maybe lodgepole pine?

Don't watch TV.  What was the program?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

I wonder if that was the same writer that said it was a 600 pound alligator and 2 guys pick it up and then throw it in the back of a pick up.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

D2 Cody

If I had to guess I could probably name the show you are talking about.I love the program but just like all reality shows they make it sound like it's a get rich easy and everything will just fall right into place deal but all of us who do this for a living know that is not the real case.I always have a good laugh at the drama and sometimes yes it is a bad scenario but most of the time the problem could be resolved in .5 lol. Good thread coxy and if that is the case with these pines don't forget to pick me up on the way there I will have my bags packed and dozer and saws loaded.Forget these nebraska hardwoods im going where the trees are really worth the gold lol.
Are you just going to lay there and bleed or get up and do something about it..Wyatt Earp Tombstone

Echo-Stihl-Caterpillar-Dodge-Craftsman-Lincoln

tmbrcruiser

I saw the show too. We don't have lodge pole pine here but I'm betting the value is bs. In one part of the show it was important the climb the tree without spikes, then later they were climbing with spikes. Fun to watch but remember it is a tv show.
Once you get sap in your veins, you will always have sawdust in your pockets.

BargeMonkey

TV has made every idiot with a chainsaw into a logger or forester. I got a panicked call a few months ago from my wife that I had to come home NOW. We all know what a phone call like that does to your head driving up the road.  :D  landowner at a cabin down the road decided my price on taking down an ice damaged multiple top cherry 5ft off the house was too much, and after a few cases of beer they went for it. It lay inches off the house, 6 idiots with about 400 ft of clothesline and 1/2 inch line tied to the bumper of a mini van is keeping this thing from smoking a 40 yr old cabin dead center. "We watched the logger shows on TV and didn't think it was too hard". I had no mercy handing out a large "idiot tax" for that one.
Walked a woodlot on christmas day, landowner is drooling on the phone telling me how much HM and "quality" hemlock is there. He spends 3k with a forester for a complete harvest plan, which was extremely well done. 3 lds of logs and a mt of pulp, which 15pgs into the harvest plan it says the same thing.  "But I see the money these loggers make on TV", and I've got lots of trees" was the reply I got after I shattered his dreams with my offer.  :D :D :D 

terry f

A tree that size is worth somewhere between 10 and 50 dollars, depending on whether its firewood or a house log as a finished product, and cost you about what they are worth to get them home. I have thousands of them and if they were worth anything, I wouldn't have any.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but they are all figured (dimpled) lodgepole pine. $$  ;D :D 8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

coxy

Quote from: beenthere on January 10, 2016, 09:19:03 PM
Maybe lodgepole pine?

Don't watch TV.  What was the program?
yes  lodgepole pine sorry beenthere I was so excited  thinking about all the money I was going to make  8) 8)  you guys are great on shattering some ones dreams at 10-50 bucks a log >:( >:( >:(   :D :D :D :D

sawguy21

If you want to join me in Alberta we could make a killing at those prices. :D They have lots.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

coxy

Quote from: sawguy21 on January 11, 2016, 12:37:44 PM
If you want to join me in Alberta we could make a killing at those prices. :D They have lots.
when are we leaving  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Firewoodjoe

I seen that also and most of the trees he use to cut were all dead. Besides if it was that much money they wouldn't have used there pickup to skid when there old skidder broke down in a old episode.

mroldstyle

He is as stupid as Shelby is crazy!! :o

WV Sawmiller

But at least he is a passing fair field dentist.

I am enjoying the commentaries by the old man with a banged up knee he stuck in the equipment as he explains the responsibilities of the different logging crew members and shows how to fell a tree. Some of that is worthwhile.

Shelby is entertaining if not realistic. The guys in Fla?????
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

gimpy

Quote from: thecfarm on January 10, 2016, 09:28:15 PMI wonder if that was the same writer that said it was a 600 pound alligator and 2 guys pick it up and then throw it in the back of a pick up.  :D

I love the show of the big, bad bounty hunters. The one with the guy driving around with his disabled placard hanging from the RVM.
Gimpy old man
Lucky to have a great wife
John Deere 210LE tractor w/Gannon Box

Thank You Sponsors!