iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ice cream

Started by coxy, January 10, 2016, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

has any one tried organic ice cream  im going to try it not because its organic because its black berry  ;D

beenthere

What distinguishes it as "organic" vs regular ice cream?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

coxy

Quote from: beenthere on January 10, 2016, 07:05:42 PM
What distinguishes it as "organic" vs regular ice cream?
don't not know :D

Chuck White

Most things Organic are not really so, if you dig into it's background!

Organic is more relative to $$$$$$$$$$$
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

I will not pay extra for so called 'organic', it is a marketing gimmick catering to the health food fanatics.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Organic ice cream was made with no fertilizer.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

elk42

I was thinking that they use dung for fertilizer like goat dung and horse dung and so on.  :D
Machinist Retired, Lt15 WM 25 HP, Stihl 044, Stihl 311, Kubota M2900w/FEL, KUBOTA L4800 w/FEL,
Lincoln Ranger 10,000, stihl 034,

coxy

Quote from: Chuck White on January 10, 2016, 07:41:03 PM

yep the  3/4 of a 1/2gal was 7 bucks the other is 3.59 but I did not buy it for the organic part it was for the black berry part never had black berry ice cream   I use to get( hogendaz not spelt right )banana split and blue berry crunch man was those gooood but I cant find them any more  >:( >:(

Chuck White

For example!

There's a guy in this area that produces Organic Maple Syrup.

He has around 20,000 taps, scattered over several parcels of land, some 25-30 miles from his sugar house.

Now my question is how do they know that none of those trees got any chemicals up through their roots, or sprayed and absorbed through the leaves or bark?

Now if the trees have absorbed any chemicals, they "technically" should not be claiming that their syrup is Organic!  :P

The kicker is, he gets more $$$ for his syrup than others in this area!  :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

Quote from: coxy on January 10, 2016, 08:50:29 PM

yep the  3/4 of a 1/2gal was 7 bucks the other is 3.59 but I did not buy it for the organic part it was for the black berry part never had black berry ice cream   I use to get( hogendaz not spelt right )banana split and blue berry crunch man was those gooood but I cant find them any more  >:( >:(

Publix Super markets down here has a most excellent blueberry Ice cream.  I'd try Wegmans although I haven't been in one for over 25 years I remember them as having a good selection.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

beenthere

Chuck
QuoteThe kicker is, he gets more $$$ for his syrup than others in this area!

Wondering why others don't make the same claim ?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 11, 2016, 07:54:39 AM
Quote from: coxy on January 10, 2016, 08:50:29 PM

Publix Super markets down here has a most excellent blueberry Ice cream.  I'd try Wegmans although I haven't been in one for over 25 years I remember them as having a good selection.

The Peach Ice Cream is good also.

coxy

your killing me with all these flavors  we don't have any of them here  >:( >:( but I will tell you that organic crap is just that CRAP no flavor at all     would rather eat an old sock  :) :)

Mooseherder

Chuck White

Quote from: beenthere on January 11, 2016, 08:50:15 AM
Chuck
QuoteThe kicker is, he gets more $$$ for his syrup than others in this area!

Wondering why others don't make the same claim ?

I think it has to do with the amount of paperwork involved, and most just don't figure it's worth the bother!

coxy

trapper

Not organic but Saturday I had fig ice cream made with goat milk. Ate at a small restaurant along lake Winnebago that is connected to a goat dairy.  Could see them milking from our table.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

coxy

you had   fig   ice cream :-\  what was the texture like  never had goats milk but they say it makes good ice cream

trapper

Soft and seedy but very good flavor.  I like figs.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

sawguy21

Fig ice cream is quite good. Goats milk, well, let's just say that is an acquired taste. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Don_Papenburg

Anything that grows or lives is organic according to my old webster's dictionary.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Bark Beetle

So under that definition if I buy organic ice cream it should either be alive or replenishing itself.
I would have to recomend mulberry ice cream. Your fingers will be purple after picking but man is it good smiley_thumbsup cone_1
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

coxy

hey Bark Beetle you just gave me the name of that tree I have been thinking of for a month now  those berrys are some good  I was calling them black berrys that grow on trees   8) 8)   thanks

sandsawmill14

im with mooseherder on the peach ice cream but our is normally homemade food6
bark beetle i love mulberry to but 10-15 years ago ALL of our trees died out i dont know if it  was some kind of blight or just age as they were all 24"+ dia but all died within 2yrs :-\
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

coxy

I cant believe no one has mad smokey ice cream  they smoke every thing else  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!