iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Big Guys OK

Started by Wildflower, October 11, 2004, 02:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildflower

Jeff went into surgery at about 8:00 am and was in the operating room for about 3 hours and was out by 11:00 am. He had the arthroscopic surgery instead of the full blown. Surgery went well, it wasn't his rotator cuff it was a bone spur that was irritating his cuff. He would of got to come home today BUT... When they went to put the tube down his throat to breathe during surgery they had a hard time getting the tube down due to alot of tissue. He has a very sore throat and having a hard time breathing. Hopefully he will be released tomorrow if all goes good through the night. We will keep you informed. :'(
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) 8) 8)  That's GREAT news 8) 8) 8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

Thanks for the good news. Aint it great what these Drs can do.  Is it true then that talking makes the throat very muscular, and it's then not easy to slip things down?  :)

Right now, also praying for a young 29yr old mother of three who went under the knife today to remove (or just biopsy) a large brain tumor just discovered Friday. Sure am hoping her findings are positive for her future.

We'll be thinking of you while you 'nurse' the "Big Guy" back to his self. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ianab

Thanks for the Good News there Wildflower  8)

Tell the Big Guy we send our best wishes.

ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kevin

Does that mean he won't be yelling at us any time soon?

Glad to hear it went well, NOW STOP THUMPING HIM.  :D

Norm

Thanks for the update Tammy, sure glad to hear everything went ok. :)

Patty

Great news, Tammy, I sure am glad you let us know. Hope he is home soon.  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Bibbyman

Wildflower,  Give our best to Jeff.

Are you tanking over the helm in his absence?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Captain

Ahh yes, Mrs. Captain had a spur on the acromium removed in the right shoulder as well, about 4 years ago.  Just like new now.  

Thanks for the update, hope he is home soon.

Captain

sprucebunny

I'm glad to hear the shoulder went well .
The throat thing is mean. They wouldn't operate on me once because they didn't know I had an "anterior larynx" (I didn't either!!) and the hospital didn't have the other device so no surgery. What a surprize! But my throat was real sore from thier attempts and it took a couple weeks to get better.
Maybe the Doc will prescribe ice cream!!!!
 ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

EZ

See what prayers can do.
Glad to here the good news.
EZ

dewwood

Glad to hear Jeff is doing well.  Hopefully he will be back to giving you a hard time real soon.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Paul_H

Glad it went well and hopefully now it will bring some relief.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Wildflower

I just spoke with the big guy. He is in alot of pain from the surgery, they have given him a shot to help but now he is nauseous, anything he drinks comes back up. He had blood all over in his beard and mouth when he woke up. He throat is still pretty sore. Will post more when I have more news.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Bro. Noble

Glad they didn't have to use the knife.  He'll be out of pain and back in action lots sooner 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

chet

Sounds as though things went pretty well considering. I went through that same throat thing before I had my back surgery. I was not a happy camper for about a week.  ::)
Judy and I will try to swing that way on our way north. Probably noon or so on wednesday.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ElectricAl

Thanks Tammy ;)

Hey Chet & Judy, give Jeff a hug from everyone on the FF ;D

ElectricAl & Linda
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Furby

Great news!!! Glad everything went well.  8)

Tillaway

I'm not around for a couple of days and the big guy winds up in the hospital.  Speady recovery Jeff.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Frank_Pender

For some strange reason my postings of early this morning did not go through.   :'( I sent them in around 2:30a.m..  I was the third or fourth to send one for this thread.  :-[   I tooo  am wishing all a good and quick recovery; Jeff as well as Tammy having to serve hand and foot.    :D
Frank Pender

Paul_H

Well see Frank,you shouldn't be wandering around at 2:30 am.It's dangerous,you might bump into Noble or Chet on their way to the bathroom ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

LSUNo1

Thats good news. Best to the big'un from me and my family. :)

BW_Williams

Goods news, but sounds like it may be a little quite around the Brokaw homestead. Tammy does the big guy get a bell to ring for service?  :)  Speedy recovery, Boss.
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Tom_Averwater

Jeff , Hope you get well real soon. :)  Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Thank You Sponsors!