iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

old saws

Started by james, October 11, 2004, 05:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I gave you the info so YOU can find out. You now know as much as I do. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

redpowerd

HOMEWORK :D

hey if you had a picture of them, i could draw them up. ;D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Jeff

I went back through my unedited photos but didnt have anything clear enough. I also was looking for clues to who the guy was but didnt find any.

Bro. Noble

That chainsaw guy on www.acresinternet.com probably can tell you where to get decals and probably has good pictures as well.

Man you ought ta see the saw on his front page today.  Jeff will have to have one :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Lewis Brander

OK Jeff, I'll see what I can find out. I contacted Frank Sadlin on Mike's site. He's the fellow I talked to on reproducing these decals, but he has no way to do them without an original copy or something to work from. I sent him the pictures I received and he stated that he couldn't use them. I've contacted others who have said that they can do them from the same pictures, but want upwards to $250.00 to $300.00 to work them up and reproduce them and I'm not made of money. I'll have to try and contact Mr. Ring Lardner at Disston Precisions and see if he happened to come across them in the Disston archives. Thanks, the suggestions and help. Lewis Brander.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Jeff

Take the time and look at the collectors section. There are several guys there that list email address's that might be able to help.

I like THIS saw, look at the 3rd picture down.

Shannon_Billman

The place to go for vintage homelite needs is "Hawkins Bros.# 573-588-4731 .They are the homelite pros.

Chris J

And the place to go for obsolete (& some newer) Jonsered parts is George Blake, (self edit).

Self edit:  I goofed.  I was informed on another post that it's against the site rules to post someone else's email address.  If you're not familiar with George, & think you might want his email, let me know.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

Lewis Brander

Hello to all. Well I contacted Disston Precisions and the Taconi/Historical Society again and no luck on the decals as yet. The fellow at Disston Precisions hasn't forgot me and is still looking. I did manage to find some contact information for the Hocking College in Nelsomville that apparently puts on the Paul Bunyan show and sent a couple of emails to see if some informaiton on the exhibitors can be forund. Will now have to wait to see what happens. Take care. Lewis.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

redpowerd

i hope i can stop by and see your saws soon, mr brander. id like you to look at this old saw i have thats electric, mabie you want it.?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Lewis Brander

Hey Redpowered, you stop by anytime and we'll look at and fire up a couple of the saws I have and have a coffee or 2. Do you have my address or phone number? I'll email it to you if you need it. Lewis. Brander.

weimedog

I'd love to see some of that old iron working on the full sized wood it was designed for.  It would be fun to get a few vintage guys & vintage saws projects together up there in the North Country and tinker with those old saws, and push a few vintage saw projects further along. If there isn't a good place up there,  I can supply the place a little further south & some big wood!
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Jeff

The old Wright lives! Chet and I tore it down and put it back together and got it running without any added parts other then fuel line. We did add a spark plug and fuel cap gasket today though.

Here is a couple of video clips with Chet running the saw.

https://forestryforum.com/media/MOV01181.MPG

https://forestryforum.com/media/MOV01174.MPG

Tom

Cool !    Did you try it in a "real" log to see how hard it would pull?

chet

::) Sure ya had ta ask!   :-/  Now he'll show da udder vidio, da one dat I stalled it.  :o
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Chet tried an undercut acording to the old manual.  :D  

I'll put it along later with a real cut.

Jeff

Tom

"We've come a long way, Baby". :D

SwampDonkey

For some reason when Jeff mentioned the option for a meat blade on that saw, I had a startling vision from the movie 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. Just call me a meatball Jeff. ;) :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Jeff went a long way to get that saw running  ;) Looks like there wasn't any snow yet.
~Ron

chet

Nope no snow.  :)  But shortly after da pictures it started, now it probably won't quit 'till April or May.  ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Yea, Chet took me on a thrill ride up in da north woods of iron river during the wet heavy snow. We took his 2 wheel drive 4 wheel drive ranger. We were goona go up to Shotgun's camp but never made it that far. We got stuck in the middle of a hill about 3 days walk from civilization. :-/ :)

chet

Don't believe dat Jeff guy for a minute. He just gets nervous. We got back in plenty of time for dinner.  ;)

Jeff

There's a little more to da story. How bouts Jeff standing on the bumper trying to give that little ford some traction? Didn't work!

Ron Scott

Time to get out the "chains".  Any deer??

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!