iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Raised Panel White Oak Chest / cedar lined

Started by Woodey, December 31, 2015, 10:07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodey

Cut white oak tree down, cut into lumber, then Kiln dried lumber.
Made chest, lined with cedar. Stained with Minwax Nutmeg Gel stain.
Finished off with 3 coats of Deft Semi Gloss Lacquer.

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

beenthere

Very impressive build, and a very good job selecting and matching the pieces that make up the top. The grain and texture are as perfect as one can get, IMO.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

redprospector

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Bill Gaiche

21incher

Great job. As mentioned by  beenthere the selection and matching on the top is amazing.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

kettlekorn

Absolutely stunning.  Great craftsmanship.  Built for a member of the family, for yourselves or to sell?  Again, outstanding.
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

rasman57

Beautiful piece of furniture that will last generations.  Wow!

buzywoodliff

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Magicman

That is very artistically matched craftsmanship.   smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

69bronco

scsmith42

Very nice!  You did a great job grain matching where you joined your boards together too.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

lowpolyjoe

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

51cub

I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

grweldon

My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Just Me

Magnificent! Your choice of finish gives it the look of a classic, as if it has history. Very Nice indeed.

WDH

The more that I look at that piece, the more that I love it. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

yukon cornelius

That looks amazing. I really like that finish on it!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Dan_Shade

Very nice.   I really like the vertical cedar boards.

What kind of joinery did you use in the corners?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!