iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bell ultra rims

Started by kb88, December 31, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb88

Happy new year!
Was wondering what wheels fit on the bells. I'm looking to narrow it up so its easier to move. Will they interchange with timberjacks and tree farmer 12 bolts rims?

oldseabee

What size do  you have now and what size are you looking for? The wheels will be hard to match. Most likely you will need Bell wheels. I know a couple of old Bell dealers that may have some.

kb88

I have 28l-26 and I want to go to an 18.4

oldseabee

I guess that the fellow I want to contact is off for the long weekend, will try again Monday.
I did find that Bell didn't offer an 18.4 since it would raise the front end too high for balance. They did have a 23.1X 26 for the Super T but not the Ultra. I'll try to find out if the Super T had the same bolt pattern. Do you have Ultra T or C disc or saw head or shear? The 23.1 might be a little light for a disc.

rkultra

If the Ultra T bolt pattern is the same as the Super T, Timberjack /Tree Farmer rims will work, I am running a pair on one of my Super T's right now.
1993 Bell Super T,1989 John-Deere 548-D, Hahn 110B Short Wood Harvester,
Dolmar 7900, 7300,6100,5105

oldseabee

I see that you have a Clark skidder, I worked for Clark in St. Thomas in the skidder Eng. Lab for several years, I do have some info on them. How is yours doing?

kb88

I'm running a dangle head on mine its an ultra t

oldseabee

The Ultra T and Super T have the same bolt pattern, so you should be able to use the same rims on both.

Thank You Sponsors!