iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New toy! A bit of an antique but it looks like it will do.

Started by Kipper, December 31, 2015, 07:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

The family and I took a little vacation to East Tennessee to pick this sweet gem up. Everything works and I'm hoping it can be the solution to my board edger desires!

LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger
Too many trailers to count and all Stihl Saws!!

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Can you still get replacement blades for it? Sweet, would love to own one.

Kipper

Thanks y'all. You should have seen the look on my wife's face after we drove 6.5 hours to get it. I think that's how we ended up here last night... http://www.margaritavilleislandhotel.com/

Yes, I Calle timbering and they sell the split bales with a new arbor. Everything else looks pretty basic, almost simple enough for me to make a replacement part if needed.   :-\
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

samandothers

Slingshot

Looks similar to one I bought 4 or 5 years ago, also in TN near Nashville.
Mine has a rounded top, New, old stock. Never been run but everything
still moves freely. I have not used it either, still as I found it.

Does your blades have the insert teeth? This one has the 12 inch fixed
teeth blades.

Kipper

It does have the insert teeth. It looks like a really simple design.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

Sixacresand

Kipper, We were in Pigeon Forge this week and ate supper one night at Paula Deen's restaurant across the street from Margaritaville hotel.  If I had seen your rig in the parking lot, I would have stopped to check it out. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Kipper

Wow! We walked right passed Paula Deen's! The girls wanted Margaritaville so we went there instead for dinner. I had to park out in the "D" section which seemed like half a mile from the hotel. It was really nice, kinda crowded but I guess that's to be expected for a holiday week. What did you think of Paula Deen's? I think we will eat there when we go back in February.

I cut some this morning with it and made some adjustments, not sure how impressed I am with the accuracy just yet but I think after playing with it some more and some more adjustment t it should get better.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

loggah

I have one just like it,and used a  piece of 1/8" thick x 1" x1" angle iron about 3' long and positioned it  on the outfeed side in alignment with the fixed blade. This helped guide the lumber and made the trimmed boards run straight.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Kipper

Loggah,
Mine has one already there. After about the third cut I noticed the out feed roller was sliding side to side. I adjusted the stop collar and it seemed to cut straighter. Do you have a spanner wrench for changing the blades? How do you determine where to position the infeed Spurs?
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

millwright

What kind of horsepower is needed, I just picked one up, it has the insert tooth blades, but I need to power it

Kipper

Mine is powered with a 10hp Techemuseh gas engine. The previous owner said it would cut 2" material before slowing down. I have only tried 8ft long 1" material and it did great.
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

starmac

Glad to see this post. I purchased one of these a year ago with my mill, but have never even laid eyes on it. All I know is it is a bellsaw and has no power at this time.
It is just a few miles from me, I reckon I should at least go see what I bought. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

whitepine2

I got one as well works all right for what I do,didn't realize there were that many around. Mine is a Bellsaw unit fixed teeth not split.

Kipper

Well, I got to try it out a little more today. It feeds the boards with ample speed and does not choke down, granted I only cut 1" thick stuff but they were about 9 ft long.

The issue comes with the cut, it cuts the same width all the way down the board however there is a curve to the wood. I think the adjustable blade is a little loose and is causing the board to wonder some. Anyone else ever had this type of issue?

Thanks!
LT40HD, Cat Diesel
New Holland L783
Kubota BX23
Metavic 1400XL
2016 Dodge 3500
2007 Dodge 3500 (Dump)
Belsaw 802 Edger

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!