iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farmall cub

Started by timberlinetree, December 31, 2015, 06:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_H

I just bought a 1948 Allis Chalmers last month for my next woodgas project. I wanted a Farmall Cub but this one fell in my lap.
It was seized but a bit of oil and patience and it loosened up.
I cleaned the carb in the ultrasonic bath this morning and fired the tractor up in the afternoon.

https://youtu.be/UDO2fLIG-bE
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Ox

I know a guy that uses an Allis B with a belly mower for 3 or 4 acres every week.  He restored it decades ago and it's still running perfect.  Old iron is unbeatable.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Roxie

Cowboy Bob was all the way in the kitchen and heard that tractor running and he came flying in.  He said, " 8)" 
Say when

beenthere

Engine sounds good, and still has some good torque.   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

Quote from: Roxie on February 08, 2016, 07:19:58 PM
Cowboy Bob was all the way in the kitchen and heard that tractor running and he came flying in.  He said, " 8)"

8) 8)  :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

yukon cornelius

I love those old tractors! ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Weekend_Sawyer

Yep, I love old tractors. I have 8, most run.
My problem is I have decided it's time to thin my herd. I hope to move to WV in the next 5 years and all these tractors can't come with me.

But which ones to keep and what to let go?
My fathers tricycle H? not good on rocky hilly ground but it was Dad's H.
My 8N? I always wanted to do a funk conversion on it.
My buddy Wayne's Super A? Wayne passed away and I can't see getting rid of his tractor.
My mighty M? Oh what a tractor, can I part with it???
My Harry Ferguson is not on the cut list. Wide stance and factory wheel weights. It's a keeper.
I do have a couple of parts tractors my buddy says he wants. Course his wife probably doesn't ;)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

timberlinetree

That allis is fast! Thanks for the parts info! I must be behaving, Marcia got me this toy tractor. It is a 56 and is real simulor to ours. The questions is what is the black thing on the fender( don't think it is a flat screen TV for the guy on the tobbaco setter to watch) and the little silver thing on the headlight?

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

timberlinetree

Yikes! Parting with tractors is a tuff one. Old girlfriend, favorite pair of jeans, roll of wire that might need some day, those are easy, but tractors, those are tuff, especially when memories are attached. Nice collection you have!

Magicman

Oh my Jon, is seems that you will have to adopt some out and retain visitation rights.   :'(
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bark Beetle

I love the little tractors. I have a Farmall super a and we drug nearly every log to build our house with it. Looks great! smiley_thumbsup
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

Al_Smith

You have to remember those old tractors were governed to about 1400-1600 RPMS .They had huge bearings also .Big radiators too .They were made to run almost forever which if you think about it with the testimonials they have .

Most of them you can still find parts for ,even 70 years old .You might have to hunt for a few but they're out there .

timberlinetree

A's are awsome. Had my first tractor before my first car( truck). Got the headlights working 8)

picked up a mower,front/rear weights and cultivators.

yukon cornelius

This project is coming along great! Those little tractors are so much fun!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

timberlinetree

The cub has been cultivating in exchange for pumpkin growing. It smoked a lot ,but cleared up some.

After bouncing through the woods on the skidder,cultivating is real relaxing.

Thank You Sponsors!