iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I really enjoy this app

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 29, 2015, 08:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The app "Periscope" has been out for sometime. Its free and can be used on most smart phones.
Their slogan, "Explore the world through someone else's eyes".

People from around the world are on there 24/7. Their broadcast is live via their smart phone. Its in real time also. You can see them live doing what ever they are doing.
Bands playing, a person singing, modeling show, preaching, someone bored wanting just to talk and it goes on and on.....the sky is the limit. I've never seen anything that my son would not be welcome to see except some of the language used on some of the cast.
Watched a lady bake a cake this afternoon while she talked about it. i told her hello...she said hi David from S.C.

There are people LIVE during bad weather, people on the beach in Florida and yes.....folks in Michigan. Like I said the sky is the limit.

I watched a guy track a Deer in Texas this afternoon....live. There were a lot of other hunters watching too. We asked the hunter different questions and he answered while he was tracking. He finally found his 7 point.....it was a big deer too.

When you get on the app.....you will see a map of the world with dots all over it. The red ones are live broadcast. Just pick. If ya don't like what someone is doing.....back out and go to another one.
Its FREE!
Someone could actually be saw milling live.  ;D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

fishpharmer

I have been hesitant to try periscope, after your review I think I will give it a look. Thanks David from SC. ;) ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: fishpharmer on December 29, 2015, 08:32:43 PM
I have been hesitant to try periscope, after your review I think I will give it a look. Thanks David from SC. ;) ;D

:D

Mooseherder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Sometimes you will lose connection but it will come back up.

Mooseherder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Mooseherder

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Mooseherder on December 29, 2015, 08:55:24 PM
I'm going in!  materhead

Didn't get that.....must have lost connection.  :D

yukon cornelius

I should do this! People could watch me leave my phone in the same place for weeks. ;DD

Really though it sounds neat. Thanks David from s.c.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

yukon cornelius

When I first read this I thought it said "I really like this nap"
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Raider Bill

Couple months ago over in lakeland Florida some girl was drunker than a 9 eyed goat and was broadcasting herself driving on this app.
Cops figured out where she was and caught her still driving.

Did David from SC watch that?
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

red

9 eyed goat ?  David was the 2 eyed goat  eating the back seat

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Dakota

I wonder how this effects your data usage.  Might get a shock when your phone bill arrives.
Dave Rinker

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dakota on December 30, 2015, 11:27:03 AM
I wonder how this effects your data usage.  Might get a shock when your phone bill arrives.

If you're coming off your WI-FI.....not using data.
But if you're out in the woods away from a WI-FI, it will add up eventually.

Jeff

You have to have a twitter account?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 30, 2015, 12:09:05 PM
You have to have a twitter account?

No.

Well let me say this......I don't have a Twitter account and I watch and talk to people.
I have never did a broadcast.....you may have to have an account then, I don't know. I'll play with it some more.

OK Jeff.....I did it. I have no account and started a broadcast. I turned it off after I found out it would work. It puts a red dot on my location on the world map. I am able to "title" my broadcast when I start. So I titled it....David in S.C.....you would easily be able to find me and see what I'm doing or showing you.
If this was used for the Pig Roast, I could walk around with my phone and anybody anywhere could tune in without going through the FF website.

Get up with me when I'm on the FF, PM me and I will crank it up and then you can see if you can see me using Periscope.

Jeff

I looked at it, and it either wanted me to login with a twitter account, or give up my phone number to them. Not interested in giving up my cellphone number.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 30, 2015, 01:12:34 PM
I looked at it, and it either wanted me to login with a twitter account, or give up my phone number to them. Not interested in giving up my cellphone number.

Thats right....I did have to give my number. I thought about that but I get credit card offers by phone now. I just block them all. My phone number is every where probably.
Not sure if this app will work using a computer and computer camera. I'll check on that. Using a computer you can get a phone number through google.

Nope, cannot be used on a computer. Only through ISO or Android right now.

***** Periscope has moved away from Twitter.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/periscope-now-lets-you-sign-up-without-a-twitter-account/

Jeff

Phone numbers are more valuable than email addresses. My cellphone is for my convenience. No one else's. I don't give it up very easy.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 30, 2015, 07:23:35 PM
Phone numbers are more valuable than email addresses. My cellphone is for my convenience. No one else's. I don't give it up very easy.

I agree. However, I have 2 phones numbers through Google I use. I have to talk into my laptop when I call someone and its very clear. The caller ID shows up as me being in 2 different states depending on which number I use.

Thank You Sponsors!