iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's Here

Started by Peter Drouin, December 29, 2015, 12:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

Winter at A&P Sawmill. :D :D

But that's OK, Almost Jan 1 with no snow.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Kbeitz

Yep.... we got out first snow today for the year...
We got a whole 1/4" ... It's almost gone already...
But i DONT MISS IT.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Dave Shepard

And I thought this was going to be an LT70 Wide Head thread. :D You've got just a bit more than we do. Supposed to warm up and rain, hopefully in that order.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

4x4American

I have to admit I thought it was a wide 70 also lol..we got about 3" of fluffy snow, then heavy sleet for a spell, now rain.  It's a slushy mess outside
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

We got 6 to 8 inches had to plow at the Condos in Eastman for the first time this season . This was slippery stuff .
Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

SawyerBrown

Beautiful!  Nothing like a fresh coat of white to make everything look clean and fresh.  Sure beats ice and slush!!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

paul case

Over here in the Ozarks that storm front dumped 14 inches of rain in 3 days. Then it got down rite cold for us 23 last nite. I didn't talk to them about it but I think my cows are already tired of it too.

pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

yukon cornelius

That sure looks nice. We also got 12+ inches of rain. I'm done with it and ready for summer
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Peter Drouin

A LT70 WIDE Head supper HD with a 100 horse Cat on it would be nice, But not this year.
:D :D

The snow was late and that gave me time to get things done other than sawing logs all day.
With the snow, business will slow up some and I can get some other things done. 

paul, 14" is crazy then to 23°. Can you put the cows in a barn?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Brucer

Well, that's more than we got last night. Mind you, there were already a couple of feet on the ground before that ;D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

rhino135

Here in northeast Michigan we have 8 to 10 inches of snow between last night and this morning .

isawlogs

That storm left us between 12 and 16" of snow. It's all fun and games now.  :snowball: Back to the plow truck we go!!!  :new_year:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

plowboyswr

Quote from: paul case on December 29, 2015, 05:27:02 PM
Over here in the Ozarks that storm front dumped 14 inches of rain in 3 days. Then it got down rite cold for us 23 last nite. I didn't talk to them about it but I think my cows are already tired of it too.

pc
mine also. Peter I don't know about Paul's but mine had the opportunity to get under an old poultry house but didn't they wandered around looking miserable. Snowed on Monday then they all settled down at the hay feeders. None of the snow  stuck got washed away with the flooding! Looks like we're back on fence building.  ::)
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Chuck White

We ended up with about 4-6" of snow with a little freezing rain in the mix and it's been light freezing rain since about 1:00PM.

I'd rather have the snow and cold than the bare ground and cold!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

woodmills1

4" of concrete here, Kathy couldn't even shovel it as it was so heavy. A quarter of a shovel was too heavy.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

customdave

Whew thats a relief for me Peter, I was worried maybe you were feeling left out, much longer I would have had to fire up the old gravel truck & haul some of my snow down to ya... ;)... Play Safe

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

schakey

And to think that I got upset from being caught in the ice storm in Chicago with a set of doubles  :snowman:
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Peter Drouin

customdave,  I have 6" or so of snow and for me that's good.
What's nice is all the lumber is covered. The 85' addition is working well.
Now to build a sawdust building. :D
:new_year:
A&P saw Mill LLC.

cbla

7 inches of the white stuff for us last night. :(

goose63

With my hip I cant ride the tractor yet but my Grandson is home from school he sure is a big help

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

outpost22

We were hoping for a good snow year after the two previous years produced a total of 6".  Well, we got our wish. 18" so far just this December. Just got my tractor stuck yesterday in the mud too. Thankfully the winch pays for itself regularly. It's really slowed getting the milling started.

Here is my neighbors driveway:

Creating one more project one at a time.
Burg Bandsaw Mill
Stihl 010
Stihl 210
Stihl 251
Stihl 461
Husky 350
Kubota L3800

beenthere

outpost
That looks pretty, and glad you got some of that snow. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Peter Drouin

With the snow , Do any of do the log drop?

Get all the snow off. :D :D

Making more 4x4 out of hemlock, and with that you get 2x4 over run.  :D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Dave Shepard

I've done the iced log drop. I wouldn't mind a couple of loads of nice 24' hemlock.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pnhd65

I'm glad to see you finally got your 'roof' on.   And by the way, :new_year:

Thank You Sponsors!