iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard to Believe

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 27, 2015, 02:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Chuck White

Makes you wonder what it will be like in another 100!   :o
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

4x4American

Don't much understand the heroin part  ???
Boy, back in my day..

sawguy21

At the time, the effects were not widely recognized or acknowledged. Coca-Cola started out as a doctor's  cough remedy, the government finally forced them to stop adding cocaine, the active ingredient, in the late 30's.
My dad was born in 1916, died in 1974. He sure would not recognize the world we live in today.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: 4x4American on December 27, 2015, 04:41:06 PM
Don't much understand the heroin part  ???

Also. if I remember correctly, cigarettes were advertised early on to have healthful benefits for the lungs and such too.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Don_Papenburg

And almost every house had atleast one firearm. 
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

reswire

My grandmother was born in 1887, and died in 1984.  I remember talking to her about the "old days", and her face would glow remembering her childhood and early years.  My Great Aunt was two years older, and lived to be 97.  She told us stories of "Going West" as a young lady  (from Southern Maryland), and working in a dry goods store in California.  Some really neat stories I will never forget.  She told me of riding on a locomotive, with Native Americans riding alongside the train on horseback.  When she died, my uncle showed me an old Winchester lever action that she bought home with her.  Tough old women, in a very rugged world, but they were such sweet, religious women, always welcoming neighbors and taking care of family.  I miss them both very much, and sometimes wish I had lived in those days. 
Norwood LM 30, JD 5205, some Stihl saws, 15 goats, 10 chickens, 1 Chessie and a 2 Weiner dogs...

Sixacresand

Wouldn't it be great if we could go back in time to visit, to see our grandparents as kids and how they lived. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Sixacresand on December 28, 2015, 08:12:26 AM
Wouldn't it be great if we could go back in time to visit, to see our grandparents as kids and how they lived. 

The "visit" part is right. I have very nostalgic friends who always talk about the good old days. I tell them I like flipping a switch to have lights or heat instead of lighting a kerosene lantern or building a fire in the fireplace. I like flush toilets and running water in general. I remember my grandpa talking about one brother dying of measles and another pining away from grief for him (There were 10 sons and these two were inseparable). As a boy grandpa (born in central Fla around 1895) had a fresh killed bear foot on a string as a toy and dragged it by the hog pen and the hogs smelled it tore out and some they never caught back. Great grandma was supposedly raped and scalped by the Seminoles but survived. I think she was a Seminole herself but evidently marrying a white man put her outside the good graces of the tribe. Grandpa hated Indians and would not talk about them.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

millwright

Many years ago an oldtimer told me he had come to this country on a sailing ship, and he lived long enough to see a man walk on the moon

Thank You Sponsors!