iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anudder Whatzit

Started by Jeff, December 25, 2015, 12:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tammy's Mom's Husband Gene, brought this to me for Christmas. He knows I like anything. :)

Do you know what it it? May be easy for some.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I use to work in a paper tube factory when I was out for the summer in high school.

I had a special leather glove I wore and the knife above on my finger.
When I would get a bundle of tubes in the rack, I would rap the twine around them, pull it tight wearing my leather glove and cut the twine with the knife on my finger.
I actually could do it very fast. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Looks like a knife blade that fits on a finger, maybe to cut string ?? or to slit open an ear of corn while shucking. Could be way off base, depending on how large the diam. is of the "ring".
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

I actually have one......wonder where that rascal is?   ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Concur it is a ring knife for cutting string. I also worked at a St Regis papermill during the summers while in college and we had a bag plant next door and these knives were commonly used there.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Gadrock

Seems to me that if a feller was to use one of those items to open his beer as the guy in the video, then he must be mindful of which hand to hold his brew. Otherwise he might be removing some nose hairs, etc.

David G

carry on
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

Chuck White

Looks like a handy item!   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Left Coast Chris

I was going to guess a can opener but the tip is a bit rounded for that function. :)
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Thank You Sponsors!