iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No ice

Started by r.man, December 25, 2015, 08:14:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r.man

We normally have some lake ice by the first week of November, generally by Christmas there are ice rinks shoveled near shore and snowmobiles have been travelling across. This year is a little unusual, not only do we not have any ice or snow but my wife and one daughter went swimming briefly on Christmas eve. They are talking about going in today for double bragging rights. Apparently the water is cold, but not as cold as in the spring when the ice goes out.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Brucer

Yer not living far enough West. Two feet of snow on the ground and -10°C last night, -5°C during the day.

Last year and the year before when all you easterners were freezing cold and buried in snow, it was so mild on this side of the continent that many ski hills didn't even open :o.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

timberlinetree

Up in town they were looking for volunteers to pick leaves out of the water in the ice rink. Some have suggested stocking it with fish :DD
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

starmac

Went down to my daughters in Wasilla for christmas, thought I was in the Texas panhandle (except for the mountain views) brown grass in their yard. Just ain't right not to have a white christmas in Alaska.
On the way I noticed both the tanana and nenana rivers still have open water, we need to be hauling logs across the nenana next month, I think I will let someone else go first. lol
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Thank You Sponsors!