iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got myself a Christmas present!

Started by CTL logger, December 24, 2015, 03:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTL logger

This should be sitting in the garage tonight. Bought the truck on Monday and picked up these 2 trailers on the way through Missouri at the plant in Kennett.

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

snowstorm

CTL logger

No 3rd axle can't haul more here with one a a tractor trailer 80k is it.

Autocar

Bill

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

OH logger

nice gift your wife got ya. she must be a keeper :D
john

pine

chester_tree _farmah

254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

customdave

Nice shiney iron, looks like a good stout truck....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

timberlinetree

You must have been really good!Nice looking set up! congradulations!Did you get to check out the inside of the plant?
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

I did not get anything like that under my Christmas tree.
Can you get a picture of it loaded too?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ken

CTL Logger  Your mills must all be pretty close by if you can only haul 80K at a time and make trucking profitable. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

OH logger

our closest mill is 60 mile from my house and we can only haul 80K... legally.   right now w e are haulin 110 mile one way. sure eats up money
john

CTL logger

Quote from: Ken on December 27, 2015, 07:56:56 PM
CTL Logger  Your mills must all be pretty close by if you can only haul 80K at a time and make trucking profitable.

The job we started last week is 20 miles from the chip mill. We try to keep it under 65 miles. We can legally gross 80k  but seems to rarely work out that way.

Ljohnsaw

Sweet.  But why two trailers?  Do you have another tractor somewhere?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ron Scott

Very nice! Trucking one trailer while loading one?
~Ron

CTL logger

Quote from: Ron Scott on December 27, 2015, 09:41:02 PM
Very nice! Trucking one trailer while loading one?
Correct actually I have 3 trailers 2 sitting on landing one on the road.

Ljohnsaw

I was trying to envision trailers sitting but with only two, I could see you dead heading too often.  So, do you take the logs to a mill and then take the lumber to sell somewhere else?
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

ScottAR

If you were in Kennett you missed me by 40 ish miles.  Those must be Manac brand?
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

CTL logger

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 27, 2015, 11:24:29 PM
I was trying to envision trailers sitting but with only two, I could see you dead heading too often.  So, do you take the logs to a mill and then take the lumber to sell somewhere else?

I cut mainly pulp wood. Probably 15% is saw logs some jobs are 100% pulpwood.

CTL logger

Quote from: ScottAR on December 27, 2015, 11:27:13 PM
If you were in Kennett you missed me by 40 ish miles.  Those must be Manac brand?

I was in Kennett at 10 pm on Wednesday night didn't get to see much.

ScottAR

That's cause there's not much to see...   :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

CTL logger

Quote from: ScottAR on December 28, 2015, 08:16:15 PM
That's cause there's not much to see...   :D
Glad I didn't miss anything..

CTL logger

Weather cooperated today to get the stack of trailers taken apart and the bunks taken off the bottom trailer and put on the top one.

Woodhauler

Quote from: CTL logger on December 24, 2015, 04:00:00 PM
No 3rd axle can't haul more here with one a a tractor trailer 80k is it.
When I took my self loader truck to west Virginia in 1998 I got a rude awaking on the weight laws! I went to benson trailers in mineral wells and had them put the torch to my body! Lost a couple thousand pounds!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

BargeMonkey

That's a nice looking ride.   ;)   

lopet

Time to get some paint of those trailers.  ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

CTL logger

beenthere

CTL
What happened to your pics in your previous posts?  Many, many empty spaces. Just curious...

And if you click on your forum name, you can update your profile with your location which helps to better understand your posts. Am sure you enjoy that when reading others' posts. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!