iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

another use for slabs

Started by thecfarm, December 24, 2015, 11:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A navavity scene

More decorations

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

You go all out with decorating.. smiley_thumbsup

Almost needed to mow the grass before putting up the displays..  ;D

The slab use is perfect...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

21incher

That looks great, but those snowmen look out of place on that nice green lawn. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

thecfarm

There is more than that that is not in the picture. The wife loves to put out the decorations,but guess who has to get the cords in place? There are about 10 trees that did not show up in the picture either.
Yes,the lack of snow is odd.And the warm temps,week after week is even more odd The ground was white,but only for 1-2 days and I think that was back in late Nov.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Hopefully you don't get the winds your way that we have had all night, otherwise, you better go tie that down.  We had sustained winds last night of well over 40, and gusts to 69 they said. My red oaks got a real good dead limb prune, and much of the area is without power. Ours went out, but was on by morning.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

cbla

thecfarm

Jeff,your weather is most times what I got,2-3 days later. That manger corner posts are pounded in the ground at least a foot. And that is this time of year.  :o
All that plastic stuff is filled with sand. The other bigger items are blow ups. There has been times when we did not turn that stuff on because of the wind.

coxy

nice job   and a great way to use the slabs

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

MikeON

Our church parish hosts an annual Festival of Trees in early December, including music, a Christmas tree decorating contest, and crafts people displaying and selling their wares. 
A few years ago, they asked to root through my softwood slab pile for anything that might be useful for decorations.  i stopped by later to see what they had done with them:

Woodmizer LT40HD Super.  WM Single Blade Edger,  John Deere 4310 tractor, M35A2C Deuce and a Half truck

thecfarm

A Log Cabin Christmas,I like that.

Chuck White

That's really neat.

Thanks for posting!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!