iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Kristina's Gazebo - Finally Done

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, December 21, 2015, 10:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

So this week i added the screens and some trim pieces and the gazebo is all done except for electric, ceiling fan, and lighting i will add to it in the spring.

More work and took longer than i though it would, but the month and a half that i lost my eyesight due to diabetes set me back and slowed me down quite a bit.

It is an octagon that measures 12 foot across. Height is 16 feet to top of cupola. Floor has octagon pattern and over 120 floor pieces that had to be cut. Side panels are done to look like wanescoating using 3 inch tounge and groove lumber.

Since Kristina is deathly allergic to bee stings, the entire gazebo is Bee proof. I added fine screening under floor boards, in the windows and doors, and even in the cupola to keep bees out as best i can

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Magicman

You both will really enjoy that jewel.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

That is a great job. My wife would live in one of those. Nice to have a winter without snow so we can still work outside on projects like that. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Magicman

Kristina absolutely loves it and even during construction we used it once i gut the roof up. My Gosh that is a hard thing to do by yourself. Hard to hold that center ring in the middle and try to put in double 2 x 6 roof rafters by yourself. Will never do that solo again.

21incher

This winter is great as far as i am concerned. Got to repaint all my exterior doors and trim in the month of November since it stayed so warm and was able to stain the dog condo and gazebo two weeks ago. If i get another warm spell, just might get the deck staining done.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Gearbox

So I built one12 ft about 10 years ago and I never did figure out what the compound angle was on the roof . Good thing for wide trim and shingles . You did a great job on yours .those rafters are tough and getting it back to square on top of the walls . Gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you gearbox

for an octagon, use 30 degree angle at the end of beam that rest on wall top plate

on the other end at the peak of the roof where you connect with octagon center ring it is a complex mire cut of 22.5 degrees on the face, cut at 30 degrees top to bottom
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Gearbox

I can see you are way more of a craftsman than I . Being in the north country I insulated mine with windows and heat . Spruce paneling on the outside aspen on the inside , Ripped cedar to 3/8 for window trim .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Dave H.

nice work!my wife added one of those to my "honey do list", i told her i had to save up to buy lumber,lol.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Dave H

I have about $1400 in lumber and other items into it ( $130 for stain, $80 for screen, $60 for screws) It adds up pretty quick, but is a lot cheaper than buying a $5000 premade one.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Thank You Sponsors!