iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Furniture built with inexpensive landscape ties

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, December 21, 2015, 09:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Boy do I like being home on vacation. Letting me catch up on a lot of woodworking projects and ideas i had to build.

Here we have some outdoor furniture i made for around the outdoor fireplace. These are made from relatively low grade landscape ties i got at Home Depot when the were on sale for 99 Cents. I ran them through surface planner several times to get more of a flat face on each tie to simplify construction and increase user comfort. I then used a combination of sanders to smooth the sides of each tie. Construction is done with 3", 4" and 5" wood screws. Build time was about 3 hours.  In this case, I used thompsons water seal as the finish. Very sturdy furniture for hefty people like me :)

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

21incher

I always wondered what would be a good use for them, and you found one. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

yukon cornelius

I love it. I was talking to the wife the other day about a project I wanted to try with them.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Busy Beaver Lumber

People seam to like them. My daughter took an order for a set of 4 chairs today. Should take me about 2 hours to make the 4 chairs.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Thank You Sponsors!