iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New guy with some land, a chainsaw, crawler skidder and woodmizer.

Started by lshobie, December 21, 2015, 12:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lshobie

Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself as Ive been lurking on here learning and enjoying the forum.  I just picked up some land and have been clearing and cutting, tidying things up and getting ready to build a camp and garage.  I do most of my story telling in video so have a look if you like.

Cheers.

Louie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-VwBbmC6gU
John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

beenthere

Ishobie
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.
Interested in hearing more about your adventures.

Click your forum name, and it will take you to where you can update your profile with at least your location. Helps to interpret your posts, and am sure if you've been lurking that having posters' location is a big help in understanding.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ljohnsaw

I'm guessing either U.P. or north of the border (Canuck) :D  Cool videos you have going, really enjoyed them.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

cbla

4x4American

Quote from: ljohnsaw on December 21, 2015, 12:51:01 AM
I'm guessing either U.P. or north of the border (Canuck) :D  Cool videos you have going, really enjoyed them.

My bet is Ontario ;)
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, lshobie.  I really enjoyed watching your intro, and you have quite the operation there.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Louis great video! Amazing how the camera followed you!

Look forward to hearing from you!

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

OneWithWood

Looking forward to the next video.  Do you have a winch on the back of your crawler, or a set of forks?
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

lshobie

John Deere 440 Skidder, C5 Treefarmer,  Metavic Forwarder, Massey 2500 Forklift, Hyundai HL730 Wheel Loader, Woodmizer LT40, Valley Edger,  Alaskan Mill, Huskys, Stihls, and echos.

Kbeitz

Now thats a lot of video watchen.
I bet you have a hard time sleeping at night.
To many day dreams on what your going to do with all that land...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

steve marek

Welcome great setup nice videos looking forward to watching more

WM LT40HD logrite ach 718 woodmaster timber framing tools 3000 ford tractor 359 395 husky chainsaw woodmizer e50 single blade edger woodmizer 260 moulder 2538 mahindra tractor kd 250 kiln

lshobie

Quote from: Kbeitz on December 21, 2015, 05:40:16 PM
Now thats a lot of video watchen.
I bet you have a hard time sleeping at night.
To many day dreams on what your going to do with all that land...

lol, ya you can say that, and im a little adhd i think - I cant  really sleep at night for sure.  Big plans though!!  Already have 40 spruce saw logs on the pile, 60 more bucked in the bush and another 50 or 60 to cut....that should keep the mill running.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

lshobie

edkemper

Oh boy. You are going to be fun to have in the family. Very talented.

It just so happens I'm cutting roads and clearing trees in the same kind of thick as your place. Except mine isn't as green and lush. Plus, mine is flat. But I've started my process with a JD210LE construction grade FEL w/Gannon box. My property is near my present home. With a little time, I'm getting it done. I'm doing some work on a (new to me) JD450 w/6way blade. It should be finished soon. Then I'll be doing the clearing and rough grading it with the 450. Soon, my neighbor is going to put me on his D6 w/6way and let me play for a while.

It's great having a neighbor (logger) with heavy equipment that is willing to teach me.

PS: Also got me a WM LT40.
Old Man

lshobie

Sounds like you are well set up!!  It's good having knowledgeable people (fellers, operators etc) close by, couldnt do this on my own!  A dozer would be great to have for final grade and grading of the road, the track loader just doesnt do it - but the track loader is very handy and has that logging winch which is awesome.  I was driving it today clearing snow and it is a blast - and much smoother in the snow - skidding and trailmaking will be great.

lshobie

Sleds are ready and loader is great clearing snow!

MartyParsons

Hello,
  Wow!  If you need service on the WM let me know. Can I bring my sled? No snow in Pennsylvania. Nice job with the video.
Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Darrel

Welcome to the forum Ishobi. I have found the forestry forum to be the go to place when I have questions.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

lshobie

The mill has been down, the boys are rebuilding the circuit board, did some sledding instead!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBN2ffXZGL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYrF7gvXODQ

Mill will be running this week!

tomsteve

those videos gave me flashbacks to when i had a 72 640 nordic. it was a beast! i actually used it to skid logs across the lake i lived on to cut up for firewood. no monster logs- 12" dia by 8' max, but that beast had no problem doing it.

lshobie

Im clearing the spruce and some cedar from a friends lot, ground is still soft so he wants me to drop them all and limb them - then he'll extract with loader with thumb.  Here's the pile... I have about twice that down and bucked.

Thank You Sponsors!