iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Testing something I said I would not do.

Started by Jeff, December 19, 2015, 12:10:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I said I would not do it, but hey, nothing is written in stone. The trial for this is in the podcast topics in the podcast board. Check it out and see if you can find it. Let's see how this puppy works... :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

Wish I had a dollar for every time I said I wouldn't do something, and then did it.   :D

Interesting experiment. 
Say when

gspren

I remember saying I don't need no dang computer.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

trapper

It was the first thing I noticed when I got the forum this morning. license the color from Tammy?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

My ongoing issue with this, will be server impact. To add something that seems as simple as this can still potentially lead to an impact on server performance. I won't sacrifice that, so preliminary tests on the podcast topics.

OneWithWood

Not a big fan of thumps up or down.  If you like a post respond to it and share why you like it.  If you don't like a post, well, silence is always an option.
just my .02
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I tend to agree. Another reason this may stay as simply podcast reviews. :)

Dave Shepard

I see it's also messed up the order of "Show unread posts..." etc. also. Striiiike Two! :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

It didn't mess it up, I had to do it in order to make it work. I have been monitoring this, and its going to have to go. It is to intrusive.  We need something lighter that will perhaps rate a topic and not a post.

Jeff

beenthere

Quote from: Roxie on December 19, 2015, 08:12:01 AM
Wish I had a dollar for every time I said I wouldn't do something, and then did it.   :D

But Mom found out anyway...  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roxie

Yes!  But I could sneak by often enough to encourage me to continue.   :Mrs_Claus:
Say when

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

POSTON WIDEHEAD

It never showed up on my phone. Computer, yes....phone, no.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

redprospector

Looks like I missed all the fun.  :o
Oh well, I like the forum the way it's been.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Jeff

I replaced the like button with a topic ratings system, that still, may or may not stay. You can not rate your own topics.

gfadvm

I'm not a big fan of the "like" thingy and not too sure about the rating thing either. The best topics seem to me to get a lot of replies/posts so I'm not sure what the value of "likes" and ratings are???  Just my opinion which won't buy you much at the grocery!

Jeff

And truly, the very best topics in my mind are back in the depths of the forum or out in the minds of them members and not even here yet. I'm getting rid of it.

Thank You Sponsors!