iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

canada

Started by bighoss550, October 08, 2004, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighoss550

is it really that much colder in the winter up dere?? im not talkin bout waaaaay up, just the normal ontario....
i dont really know and canada isnt something u can easily find out info on:)

is the gov't any where near as bad as ours??? it certainly cant get worse!

a possible move may be in order and i want to know all my options:)

beenthere

The 'grass' is always greener on the other side of the fence. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bighoss550

this may be one of the very few times thats true:)

i just wanna know about the place... its like theres a conspiricy in the USA against information about canada!!!

Bro. Noble

Maybe it just that you're the first person to show any interest :D :D

Have you heard of black flies? >:(

Have you heard of Kevin ;) :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

CHARLIE

Ya gotta end every sentence with "eh" and you'll have to import scrapple and grits 'cause not only do they not have them....they don't know what they are.  Toronto is not as cold as Minnesota because it's south of Minnesota, but Toronto still gets cold......and a lot colder than PA. Depending where you move....you might even have to learn how to speak French.  Parlay Vous Mansewer!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jason_WI

You will also have to leave all your guns back in the states..... Canada disarmed the populus so the theives there have it easy ::)

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Paul_H

I have to disagree with you Jason,thieves don't have it easy up here,eh.If anybody is caught breaking the law up here,they can expect a darn good scolding from the local Mountie. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Timber_Framer

and there's no Canadian bacon...it's called back bacon and it's better than what we call Canadian bacon.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

CHARLIE

Yeah, maybe so, but bacon of any kind ain't no good without grits and they ain't got grits in Canada...eh?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

We have GRITS! Thats the name of the Liberal Party.

We feed the other kind of grits to the animals that the back bacon comes from :D

J_T

Move to Tn guns are expected fair winters move to the sticks and you can hide somewhat 8)
Jim Holloway

slowzuki

As they said if you're a gun nut things are a bit more $$$.  My friend has about a dozen handguns but it costs ya.  My dad and I got about a dozen rifles and shotguns if combined.

We've got medicare, high taxes, unemployment insurance if ya pay in.  My province, New Brunswick has a climate almost identical to Maine, colder that Ontario though.

Re the gov, we have 3.5 parties here! Well, more in some areas, just more moderate than the US parties. Liberals (not quite as far over as the dem's), Conservative party of Canada (republican), New Democratic Party(in between) and the green party.  The greens aren't what you'd think from the US groups called green.  They push local based economy ie selling what you grow locally etc and some other fuel economy stuff, many regular issues they take a conservative stance on.

old3dogg

I was in Canada just a few weeks ago.First time.
The only thing different that I could see was that everything cost a lot more money.
The beer is stronger so if ya do it right it is cheaper to drink up there.
Nice people!
Hey!RUSH is from Canada.
Neat place....eh?

redpowerd

i could probably hit the great white north with a rock. their democracy is very liberal based, but i know theyre more conservative than theyd like to let on.
one thing i enjoy about driving thru canada, you notice how clean the roadsides are, hardly a lick of litter or garbage. very neat. everyone is very freindly untill you get to quebec :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

bighoss550

thanks guys... i dont wanna go to quebec.
that is about 500 times what i knew before:)
i only have a 50cal flintlock and a semi auto .22 rifle, so no big deal on the guns.
i was told they dont have interstates like we do down here, is that true?
i looked on maps but they make em different for canada, and are difficult to read....

thanks for all the input:) and i dont think id miss the grits :D
and imported yuengling lager may be a bit pricey, but it is worth it:)

old3dogg

If you cross at Niagara Falls look for the QEW to go north.There isnt a route #
If ya want to go to the other side of Toronto take the 407 around the city.Dont take the 401 through the place.Crazy place to drive!!!

bighoss550

i assume u went straight up 219 when u went??? man thats some purdy drivin!!!

Jeff

In Forestry Forum Terms, the only differnece in Canada is that they have thier own members map, other then that, ya cant tell the difference here. As for no grits, dont blame canada. Theres a wide no grits zone extending to just south of Michigan that they have no control over.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Quotei could probably hit the great white north with a rock.

Be carefull Red,we have lots of rock up here too and so far,we don't have to register them.I have a whole arsenal of different rocks at my disposal.
I keep a nice granite rock in the glove box of my truck in case of trouble(I had a rock rack but they would fall out whenever I hit a bump)
I also keep one in my bedside table but am thankful that I've never had to use it.

OK,It's raining and I have to go to work and I've been sitting here procrastinating :D

Jeff

Paul, you made the Knowledge base on that one. :D

https://forestryforum.com/tips/tips.cgi?Life
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bighoss550

maybe a large caliber stick is legal??? is there a "barrel length" limit on sticks up there??? ? haha u guys crack me up:)

Timber_Framer

They've got "Night Danger" moose guarding the entrance to Ontario on highway #61 and add Basalt to the list of rocks used to repulse invaders :D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

old3dogg

Bighoss550,
Yep!Went straight up 219 and you are right.Nice drive.Even Buffalo was easy to drive through.
Stop at Eddy's just outside of Ellicottville.Great place to eat.

SwampDonkey

Not much difference between Maine and New Brunswick, as I've travelled back and forth all my life. Several of my relatives have lived and worked there. One difference you'll notice is the state of our secondary roads are a bit embarrassing. I've traveled old back roads in Miane that are well kept. Some of our back roads haven't been upgraded in 30 years. Just the new chipseal over the old. Our Route 2 highway is the only so called turn pike, being upgraded to 4 lane. It won't be done for another 10 years, most likely. It was suppose to be done 3 years ago. Food prices are cheaper in New Brunswick, accept for poultry and milk, when you factor in the exchange rate. Our winters can be pretty Dang cold, from +40's to -40's, the odd winter is mild though. But, snowfall varies alot in the province by region. We've had an exceptional fall so far and mild temperatures. I always count on snow anytime after the 21 of September because back in the 70's when I was young if you didn't have your crops out of the field by Oct 15th, you didn't get'm at all. Now they cut that feeder corn way into November, and our killing frosts don't hit my area until october.

Biggest problem with trying to find out any info on Canada is that everything on the TV is Americanized.

Aside from all this hardship, we're a pretty docile, passive lot, eh? Just make sure ya got lots of wood in the cellar for our 8 month winters up here. :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bighoss550

those temps and winter sound just like here!!!
only difference is its worse here all year long!!!! lake erie is right above us and the southeast weather patterns bring gloomy crap over us all year around.

its so bad that the military put ammunition bunkers (igloo's) around here instead of anywhere else because this the gloomiest and most over cast place in the eastern half of the US!!!!!! danG! horrible weather 11.5 months/yr that way the intelligence planes in WWII from other countries had less chance of spottin em

theres a place called Parry Sound up in ontario.....thats where im interested in to be specific, but i am curious about all of it :)

redpowerd

you movin the day after election day? :D :D

couldnt find parry sound on the map, but im sure its there. ;)
if you come thru NY and cross at alex bay, o-burg or massena, make sure you stop by.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

Kevin

Stay away from Toronto and ignore the government you'll fit right in.

bighoss550

theres one guy in the race from boston...... not naming any names.....but if he gets in that office i do believe i may try to get canada to invade us:D if not i am going to try my best to get Belinda to move up there:)

its on the north side of the lake. mapquest shows it. its nice that its not on the map:D

and if im that way ill def stop in:) thanks for the invite......this is the best bunch o guys (and girls) on the net i bet

redpowerd

hey, uh, if yer movin cause of him, better grab me on the way up. we'll go cabin shoppin together.
i take it your talkin lake ontario?

you dont want to go thru niagra falls, i guess that place is all hype! :D
you defenately need to see the thousand islands instead! ;)
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

bighoss550

Looky Here

That place is beautiful! and theres a fully wooded 132 acres for 27,995 canadian!!!

and surrounded by thousands of acres of "crown land" (public forest)

Kevin

That's cottage country.
Lots of Toronto people there in the summer.
Lots of boating and snowmobiling, busy in the summer dead in the winter.

...and just far enough away from Noble to feel safe.  :D

bighoss550

ahhh dashing my dreams!!!:(

the listing says its in the parry sound area. maybe its far enuf away from the city foke???

is there really anywhere in southern canada that doesnt have summer city slicker invasion tho??? i kinda doubt it.

i can picture all the "posted, no trespassing" signs......
there isnt anywhere here that doesnt have the city slicker disease......

SwampDonkey

All the posted land here are all the US owners and recent Dutch immigrants in the past 20 years. :D Nobody I grew up with ever posted land here. Heck we even get lotsa border jumpers from the US and no one says a word.   No one cared who drove there farm roads as long as it wasn't in spring muck season or when they freshly planted the fields. There was always the A-hole hunter running through father's spuds and grain fields during hunting season though. Even some had the gull to lie and say they had permission to be there run'n all through the place. We was the owners and we didn't say they could run through the crops. But, we never posted it so I suppose they thought they had free reign. :D :D When that Jones Town Massacre was going on years ago, we was told to see nothing and say nothing. People was jumping the line all the time. :D

So is this  the official sanctioned invasion of Canada? I can remember the last invasion during the Vietnam years. We called it the hippy invasion. :D  Well it was over before I was old enough to remember it actually. Maybe we'll send some of ya's up to work the Diamond mines near Nunavik, their opening up a 3rd one there soon, financed by Tiffany's (gem quality). And Debeers thought we didn't have no diamonds in Canada? Their just scared of the polar bears and stampeding muscoxen. ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bighoss550

u know..... this danG country could REALLY learn alot from u guys.....

WE SUCK!!!!!!

ive met a few canadians and liked em all. i lived with a guy(NOT GAY, we were 2 of 6 in a college house) from ely (i believe) minnesota.... he was pretty close to a canadian i suppose??? very nice guy.

Kevin always said..."thats M-I-N-T" and "WHUS S-H-A-K-I-N" :D cracks me up thinkin about it:D :D

Bro. Noble

Well,  Kevin,

I may be far enough away,  but if you recall I wa up there to that big lake last summer.  Now,  I'm not going to admit to doing anything to pollute that big puddle,  but I just want you to wonder about it whenever you dangle your toes in there :D

Both our countries got plenty of problems with our politicians,  but there are few places I'd consider living .  Course I could tell you where the very best spot to live is,  but I wouldn't want it to be crowded by a bunch of newcomers ;D ;D  Well if anyone really is interested,  you could message me ;)

Kevin

Noble, not to worry.
It flows back down into the good old U.S of A.  :D

In fact, it probably beat you home.  :D

bighoss550

yet another great positive for canada!!!!!!!!!!! haha

as the saying goes....sh** flows downhill!" haha

Percy

Heya Bighoss,
I think I posted this before but here it goes agin. A Canadian is simply an unarmed American with heath insurance :D
 When ever Im in the U.S. , I find the people very  freindly just like up here. I think the politics and politicians of both countrys bring out the worst in some people. It seems (just an observation) that Canadians are harder on their politicians than Americans are on theirs.  Here in B.C., ousting Premiers is a blood sport ;D

One thing we have over all Americans is STAWNICHI'S KUBASA, Made only in Mundair Alberta and available in Edmonton as well. Its so far ahead of grits, they(grits) think they are in first place :D :D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Timber_Framer

I spend so much time in Ontario that I've started thinking in terms of Kilometers, kilos and liters! :o
With Duluth being 100miles away and Thunderbay only 50 or so when we wnat to go see a movie we do it another country ;D

redpowerd

dont canadians buy their milk in bags? just a thought.

....and im not talking about farmers buying cows. :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

bighoss550

(adding to redpowered)

and how much is a "liter"of gasoline??? diesel??? is it cheaper up dere?

we have 1.97 a gallon(3.76L) for 87 octane, and 2.15 for diesel

Kevin

We don't need cows, we make our own milk and burn wood in our vehicles.

bighoss550

one last que for the canadians....
do any of u even care who wins the presidency?? does it have any effect on u guys???

and is ur fuel prices skyrocketing like ours????

beenthere

Not Canadian here, but I don't think fuel prices are so bad, especially when I think back to the 50's when a reasonable but menial wage for many common labor'ers was $1.50 an hour and gas was 30 cents a gallon. That would compare, IMO, to $3.00 a gallon gas now ($15 wages). So the way I look at it, it's cheaper now than it was then.   8)

I don't like them at above $2, but I am not complaining. Just thinking we will get other fuels developed which will be just as expensive or more. Kinda think we will need to adapt.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bighoss550

we are at half the price as over in europe, but 2.19 a gallon for my diesel is rough.

its kinda like murphys law....i just start into the transport business and fuel goes up 70 cents in 9 months.... but rates stay exactly the same??? people just cant seem to understand why everything is soooo expensive, hmmm well im not gonna drive for free!!!!! :o

SwampDonkey

Right now it's 92.9 cents a litre in my area and our gallon is 4.54 litres (imperial gallon). So that's $4.22 a gallon. I guy mine occassionally in Maine where it is now $2.17 a US gallon in Blaine. Our taxes on the fuel makes the difference. ;)

SwampDonkey

I don't care really who wins the presidency. From where I sit it looks like either Bush or Kerry will fill the position just fine. Both fine men in my opinion.

Murf

Hoss, 'Parry Sound Area' is a big area, it is generally used to describe an area probably as big as the area you guys call Western New York. There are many VERY rural areas around there, not citified at all, but in less than say 2 hours you could be in any one of 6 good sized cities, for medical, entertainment, truck dealers, or whatever. It is also the farthest south you can be and still be counted as being a resident of 'northern ontario' which means you get a few tax breaks and such.

http://www.parrysound.com/

Swamp, you're pretty close with fuel prices, but East Coast prices are outrageous, I filled the truck yesterday for $0.799/litre, there are 3.78 litres to a US gallon, and the Canuck Buck is about 1.33 now.

So, it looks like this, $0.799 x 3.78 = $3.02Cdn. a US gallon, or about US$4.00 a US gallon. But as was mentioned, it's the taxes, and at least here in Ontario, the roads are really good and well maintained with that money.

I have a lot of US friends and family, they all say the same thing, the cost of living is the same whether you are in the US or Canada, it's just you have to reach into your pocket and hand over cash to a lot more people in the US, here the gov. takes it in the form of taxes and pays for stuff for you. At the end of the year it balances out.

I think there is a lot more opportunity here, our rural areas are blessed with a lot of tourism, cottagers, etc., that bring in a LOT of money. A buddy of mine sold his house near Toronto to escape the 'rat race' and moved into his cottage (3 hours north) full time. He makes almost the same money in the end, but spends a LOT more time relaxing with the family or enjoying the outdoors.

Let me know if ya' want some more information, that area is only about 1.5 hours from me.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

beenthere

""end of the year it balances out,""

I don't feel one bit comfortable with the government spending my money, beyond protecting the borders. I prefer to make those decisions, and the less government taxes, the better.

If Kerry get's elected, we may all have to take lessons from you folks who are accustomed to letting big govt. do the spending.  :)
south central Wisconsin

Murf

Nobody said WE were comfortable with doing it that way either. :D

The big difference between our two countries is simply that we have WAY more land, but WAY less people living here.

This brings up to problems that our system has nicely overcome.

First, to prevent everyone from migrating to big centers and leaving the rest of the country vacant, taxation is equalized, the big cities in effect, send a lot of their economies out into the country. This means it is NOT more expenseive to live in a rural area than in a big city, in fact it is cheaper. The standard 'economy of scale' would make it the other way around.

Secondly, by the Gov. spending the money, and deciding where and when, some of our best hospitals are NOT in big cities, and they are FREE to anyone, regardless of how much money they have, or how much insurance they can afford. Likewise, 'poor areas' still have roads as good as everyone else, and the same services are available to them, probably better in fact.

As an example, there  is a nice little town about 5 hours north of here which used to be a mining town, then the mine shut down. It is not a ghost town, the government pitched it as a retirement community, if you're in Florida for the winter, or stay inside and only see snow through the window, what does it matter how far north you are? You can buy a really nice house there for about US$37,500 and enjoy a state of the art hospital, a beautiful recreation center with indoor pool, gym, everything, nice big community center, library, everything you could ever want. Plus, fish, hunt moose, bear deer, birds, etc., in you backyard....

IndyIan

I know there are quite a few Canadians interested in your election down there.  
The US is our biggest trading partner so what happens to you guys makes a big difference up here.  
Southern Ontario is booming with mid size factories making stuff for US companies, maybe some of your Ohio jobs have moved here?  They don't mention outsourcing to Canada but I'm sure there's lots of it happening.

Kerry has a few more 'canadian' values  (public healthcare, less eager for war, etc)  than Bush so most people I talk to prefer him.  Bush's missle defence plan is a bit scary, I can see our government going along with it just to keep the whitehouse happy.  The cross border trucking delays are long enough right now, and the perception here is that Bush's administration only follows the rules that favour them, the rest are flexible.

Kerry's 'keep jobs in America' plan could have a negative effect here, as well as the prescription drug buying from Canada.  I don't know the details of how our drug prices are controlled but I can imagine we would have "shortages" as our drugs stream down to you guys.  I think if Kerry won there would be more cooperation between Canada and the US.  

Overall if Canada elected your president Kerry would win, not by a huge amount, there are lots of people who like Bush as well.

Now a question for those of you south of the border.  Did people in the US notice our last election?   Some of you must of noticed the party full of liberals! ;)
They aren't that bad though, very fiscally responsible!

Ian

DouginUtah

I bought a pumpkin pie at Wal-Mart. It was made in Canada.  :o

That means it was shipped over 1000 miles and still was priced right. Are your pumpkins government subsidized?  :D

BTW, it was pretty good--didn't gag me like most store-bought pies do.  :D

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Bro. Noble

Heck Doug,

You could have just sprinkled some cinnamon and nutmeg and sugar on your grits and it would have been about the same thing.  Now if you want a really good punkin pie,  use sweet taters and pecans instead of punkins :D

Sounds like we're fortunate that those Canucks aren't going to vote for our president ;)

SwampDonkey

Today fuel jumped $0.05 a litre.

Murf:

The exchange is $1.24 now, has been for over a week. Well, maybe your buying it in the US, then they discount the discount. That might come to $1.33. I could never see the legality in that. Cheaper to buy the US dollar in Canada or use Visa. I had a Wal-Mart clerk try to discount a Canadian penny, but I found a US one in my pocket. But, if not I was gonna ask her if Wal-Mart wanted to sell me the goods or try to cut a penny in fourths. I would have been just as satisfied to leave the goods if it came down to it. :D :D ;)

Murf

Doug, the Government doesn't subsidize our punkins, they just subsidize the 'punkin heads' .....  :D

They do give us all the fertilizer we can handle, however I figger' your Government probably does that too..... ;D

Swamp, that only lowers the price to US$3.75 a US Gallon. :o

If I wasn't in the oil business I'd object even.  ::)

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D

Murf:

We have to pay higher prices out east here to subsidize the trucking to Quebec and Ontario. Why else can ya explain paying high rate next to the largest oil refinery in the country  ???  ::) :D

Give fertilizer?? where? :D My father always had a $180,000 fertilizer bill as I recall plus the lime and the spray. :D :D No wonder you'se can grow stuff cheaper up there and undercut the maritime growers. ;)

bighoss550

QuoteHoss, 'Parry Sound Area' is a big area, it is generally used to describe an area probably as big as the area you guys call Western New York. There are many VERY rural areas around there, not citified at all, but in less than say 2 hours you could be in any one of 6 good sized cities, for medical, entertainment, truck dealers, or whatever. It is also the farthest south you can be and still be counted as being a resident of 'northern ontario' which means you get a few tax breaks and such.

http://www.parrysound.com/

Swamp, you're pretty close with fuel prices, but East Coast prices are outrageous, I filled the truck yesterday for $0.799/litre, there are 3.78 litres to a US gallon, and the Canuck Buck is about 1.33 now.

So, it looks like this, $0.799 x 3.78 = $3.02Cdn. a US gallon, or about US$4.00 a US gallon. But as was mentioned, it's the taxes, and at least here in Ontario, the roads are really good and well maintained with that money.

I have a lot of US friends and family, they all say the same thing, the cost of living is the same whether you are in the US or Canada, it's just you have to reach into your pocket and hand over cash to a lot more people in the US, here the gov. takes it in the form of taxes and pays for stuff for you. At the end of the year it balances out.

I think there is a lot more opportunity here, our rural areas are blessed with a lot of tourism, cottagers, etc., that bring in a LOT of money. A buddy of mine sold his house near Toronto to escape the 'rat race' and moved into his cottage (3 hours north) full time. He makes almost the same money in the end, but spends a LOT more time relaxing with the family or enjoying the outdoors.

Let me know if ya' want some more information, that area is only about 1.5 hours from me.

i want as much info on that as possible!!!

bighoss550

Now a question for those of you south of the border.  Did people in the US notice our last election?   Some of you must of noticed the party full of liberals! ;)

Ian[/quote]

we know NOTHING

bighoss550

Ian[/quote]

we know NOTHING about ur elections, or who is in em..... or when they are??? amazing isnt it???

the USA is so stuck on itself that we dont see the need to care about anyone else.

for instance, there was never a mention of canadian history in school!!! none!!

ill bet half this country doesnt even know there is anything but ice above the line!!

we know nothing about mexico either, but i dont personally care much....to hot

IndyIan

bighoss,
To be honest I don't know that much about Canadian history either, shoulda listened more in class I guess, it can be interesting though
A bunch of canucks/british loyalists burned down the white house one time.  I can't imagine how they got all the way down there to do it though, must be a good story!

I think people on the border with Canada have a pretty good idea what goes on up here ;D, and a large chunk of Canadians live within a couple hours of the US so there are a few reasons for the difference in awareness.  

Ian

redpowerd

QuoteWe don't need cows, we make our own milk and burn wood in our vehicles.
ok, i am ALL up for making milk without cows, not sure how advanced these canadians are, mabie they have technoligies that we can only dream of,  but im pretty sure i was behind one today, at a stoplight. in the left lane, turning right, across three lanes...........arghhhhh.. :D :D
not sure if these guys pay attention to the roads, or theyre in awe at the amount of burger king trash on the shoulder.

NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

SwampDonkey

Red :D

No man, that's one of them there old retired farmers that ride the back roads here. He was new to driven on those three lanes down there, so he had to make sure he was covering all the road by swerving all over the road lookin at them cows and fall foliage. :D

bighoss550

burned down the white house??????

thats an act of WAR!!!!

ok come get us:D

i think that little detail musta been left out in history class.
i was lookin at a list of canadian prime ministers, and dindt recognise a single name, including the current one.

when did u guys become a country?? and is quebec its own one yet??? i think they were tryin to  a while back

redpowerd

im not canadian, but i know them quebequois really hate their country, and its amazing too. they have so much say into what goes on up there, and i think its the reason the place is so liberal.
i used to go to expos games and i couldnt beleive how rude these frenchmen were, then id go to senators games and get treated like family. some of the nicest folks youd ever meet. its quite the transition.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD

leweee

Bighoss550...that white house thing was way back in the War of 1812... I think it only got scorched... they pianted it white to cover the scorch marks..see canadians had a hand in naming the presidental palace.
after NAFTA we have become" Mexican's with sweaters"Si :o
As for Quebecer's they are a testy lot ...show them American dollars and they can speak better "anglias"... we ::)
Murf ...they must have fixed the potholes near you....we're still waiting...same with our health care...long lines ...still waiting ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SwampDonkey

Recently, I had to go to the hospital  as some know on here from another thread about the purple pill. ;)

But, I never waited longer than 10 minutes at our hospital, twice this week. When I was in Fredericton though, in 2001, I needed medication for an ear and sinus infection and I had no appointment or family doctor down there. I waited and waited and 4 hours later the doc calls me in just to say I didn't need no medication. Well, next day I was off the Virginia and after two days it got worse. So I went to the Hospital near Blacksburgh and got some meds, they was $85.00 USD. Got into the doc right away, maybe 15 mins waiting. Took all them antibiotics, no good. By the time I was through that bottle I was back home for 3 weeks. I went to our local hospital and got some good antibiotics for $40.00 CDN and it cleared up in another 2 weeks. The doctor told me that the more expensive antibiotics I had bought were not very affective in most patients. So there ya go, a little rural hospital fixed me up where the city hospitals in two countries could do nothing. ::)

cheers

Thank You Sponsors!