iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

canada

Started by bighoss550, October 08, 2004, 05:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighoss550

is it really that much colder in the winter up dere?? im not talkin bout waaaaay up, just the normal ontario....
i dont really know and canada isnt something u can easily find out info on:)

is the gov't any where near as bad as ours??? it certainly cant get worse!

a possible move may be in order and i want to know all my options:)

beenthere

The 'grass' is always greener on the other side of the fence. ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

bighoss550

this may be one of the very few times thats true:)

i just wanna know about the place... its like theres a conspiricy in the USA against information about canada!!!

Bro. Noble

Maybe it just that you're the first person to show any interest :D :D

Have you heard of black flies? >:(

Have you heard of Kevin ;) :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

CHARLIE

Ya gotta end every sentence with "eh" and you'll have to import scrapple and grits 'cause not only do they not have them....they don't know what they are.  Toronto is not as cold as Minnesota because it's south of Minnesota, but Toronto still gets cold......and a lot colder than PA. Depending where you move....you might even have to learn how to speak French.  Parlay Vous Mansewer!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jason_WI

You will also have to leave all your guns back in the states..... Canada disarmed the populus so the theives there have it easy ::)

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Paul_H

I have to disagree with you Jason,thieves don't have it easy up here,eh.If anybody is caught breaking the law up here,they can expect a darn good scolding from the local Mountie. ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Timber_Framer

and there's no Canadian bacon...it's called back bacon and it's better than what we call Canadian bacon.
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

CHARLIE

Yeah, maybe so, but bacon of any kind ain't no good without grits and they ain't got grits in Canada...eh?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Paul_H

We have GRITS! Thats the name of the Liberal Party.

We feed the other kind of grits to the animals that the back bacon comes from :D

J_T

Move to Tn guns are expected fair winters move to the sticks and you can hide somewhat 8)
Jim Holloway

slowzuki

As they said if you're a gun nut things are a bit more $$$.  My friend has about a dozen handguns but it costs ya.  My dad and I got about a dozen rifles and shotguns if combined.

We've got medicare, high taxes, unemployment insurance if ya pay in.  My province, New Brunswick has a climate almost identical to Maine, colder that Ontario though.

Re the gov, we have 3.5 parties here! Well, more in some areas, just more moderate than the US parties. Liberals (not quite as far over as the dem's), Conservative party of Canada (republican), New Democratic Party(in between) and the green party.  The greens aren't what you'd think from the US groups called green.  They push local based economy ie selling what you grow locally etc and some other fuel economy stuff, many regular issues they take a conservative stance on.

old3dogg

I was in Canada just a few weeks ago.First time.
The only thing different that I could see was that everything cost a lot more money.
The beer is stronger so if ya do it right it is cheaper to drink up there.
Nice people!
Hey!RUSH is from Canada.
Neat place....eh?

redpowerd

i could probably hit the great white north with a rock. their democracy is very liberal based, but i know theyre more conservative than theyd like to let on.
one thing i enjoy about driving thru canada, you notice how clean the roadsides are, hardly a lick of litter or garbage. very neat. everyone is very freindly untill you get to quebec :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

bighoss550

thanks guys... i dont wanna go to quebec.
that is about 500 times what i knew before:)
i only have a 50cal flintlock and a semi auto .22 rifle, so no big deal on the guns.
i was told they dont have interstates like we do down here, is that true?
i looked on maps but they make em different for canada, and are difficult to read....

thanks for all the input:) and i dont think id miss the grits :D
and imported yuengling lager may be a bit pricey, but it is worth it:)

old3dogg

If you cross at Niagara Falls look for the QEW to go north.There isnt a route #
If ya want to go to the other side of Toronto take the 407 around the city.Dont take the 401 through the place.Crazy place to drive!!!

bighoss550

i assume u went straight up 219 when u went??? man thats some purdy drivin!!!

Jeff

In Forestry Forum Terms, the only differnece in Canada is that they have thier own members map, other then that, ya cant tell the difference here. As for no grits, dont blame canada. Theres a wide no grits zone extending to just south of Michigan that they have no control over.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Quotei could probably hit the great white north with a rock.

Be carefull Red,we have lots of rock up here too and so far,we don't have to register them.I have a whole arsenal of different rocks at my disposal.
I keep a nice granite rock in the glove box of my truck in case of trouble(I had a rock rack but they would fall out whenever I hit a bump)
I also keep one in my bedside table but am thankful that I've never had to use it.

OK,It's raining and I have to go to work and I've been sitting here procrastinating :D

Jeff

Paul, you made the Knowledge base on that one. :D

https://forestryforum.com/tips/tips.cgi?Life
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

bighoss550

maybe a large caliber stick is legal??? is there a "barrel length" limit on sticks up there??? ? haha u guys crack me up:)

Timber_Framer

They've got "Night Danger" moose guarding the entrance to Ontario on highway #61 and add Basalt to the list of rocks used to repulse invaders :D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

old3dogg

Bighoss550,
Yep!Went straight up 219 and you are right.Nice drive.Even Buffalo was easy to drive through.
Stop at Eddy's just outside of Ellicottville.Great place to eat.

SwampDonkey

Not much difference between Maine and New Brunswick, as I've travelled back and forth all my life. Several of my relatives have lived and worked there. One difference you'll notice is the state of our secondary roads are a bit embarrassing. I've traveled old back roads in Miane that are well kept. Some of our back roads haven't been upgraded in 30 years. Just the new chipseal over the old. Our Route 2 highway is the only so called turn pike, being upgraded to 4 lane. It won't be done for another 10 years, most likely. It was suppose to be done 3 years ago. Food prices are cheaper in New Brunswick, accept for poultry and milk, when you factor in the exchange rate. Our winters can be pretty Dang cold, from +40's to -40's, the odd winter is mild though. But, snowfall varies alot in the province by region. We've had an exceptional fall so far and mild temperatures. I always count on snow anytime after the 21 of September because back in the 70's when I was young if you didn't have your crops out of the field by Oct 15th, you didn't get'm at all. Now they cut that feeder corn way into November, and our killing frosts don't hit my area until october.

Biggest problem with trying to find out any info on Canada is that everything on the TV is Americanized.

Aside from all this hardship, we're a pretty docile, passive lot, eh? Just make sure ya got lots of wood in the cellar for our 8 month winters up here. :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bighoss550

those temps and winter sound just like here!!!
only difference is its worse here all year long!!!! lake erie is right above us and the southeast weather patterns bring gloomy crap over us all year around.

its so bad that the military put ammunition bunkers (igloo's) around here instead of anywhere else because this the gloomiest and most over cast place in the eastern half of the US!!!!!! danG! horrible weather 11.5 months/yr that way the intelligence planes in WWII from other countries had less chance of spottin em

theres a place called Parry Sound up in ontario.....thats where im interested in to be specific, but i am curious about all of it :)

Thank You Sponsors!