iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

blacks Creek firewood processor?

Started by logman81, December 18, 2015, 08:15:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logman81

I was browsing the net the other day and came across them. Seems to be a nice small compact firewood processor. I saw a few vids on them and they seem to work pretty well. From what I've heard they are reasonable on price not sure what they cost though as they have different models. I like the 2000B model with the larger motor. Does anyone on here own one? Would it be a good up grade from my American 25H wood splitter?
Precision Firewood & Logging

logman81

I just got pricing and info and I'm intrigued about them for sure!  Who has one?

brendonv

Whats the base price?  16?  Im mildly interested myself.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

logman81

It's a little over 15k Canadian for the 2000B model which is the one I want.

brendonv

www.VorioTree.com

logman81

I'm impressed so I'm going to the dealer a few more questions about production rating per hour.  They claim just over a cord an hour for the 2000. So the 2000B should do a cord an hour easily with the larger motor and pump. Be great for doing mobile processing if I decide to do that. And with a 18"  maximum diameter that's plenty big enough.

brendonv

Im currently doing 2.5 cds from log length to split in three hours with just me, a super split/conveyor, and a husky 562. . I was /am going to modify my system slightly by building a better log cutting deck this winter. 

I went out and measured my log pile and everything seems to be under 18".  Id like to cut out the chainsaw noise moslty. This seems to be an affordable option if they are up to snuff.

www.VorioTree.com

r.man

Exchange rate is great for Americans buying Canadian equipment.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

logman81

I'm just about them same rate with my setup. In good wood this processor will do a cord or a little better per hour. Yes the exchange is a nice thing for sure.

Ivan49

Is 15000 after all the taxes? You use to get the GST tax back if going out of the country but I don't know about that anymore

logman81

It's 12,500 us dollars I'm not sure about the tax thing yet.

logman81

So I talked with the dealer and they are putting a quote together for me and shipping cost. Will see what kind of money where talking!

woodmills1

Just remember most the time per cord quotes are based on just running the machine, not counting loading, fiddling and clearing debris.  Mine takes 6 to 10 minutes to load the deck, then 6 minutes to cut 1/6 cord.  Then 6 to 10 minutes to load and 6 minutes to cut.  On the third cycle it takes 5 to 10 min to clear the bark and chips to do it again.  A few years under my belt here and loading and cleaning takes more than cut and split.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

logman81

logman81

Got the final price quote with shipping yesterday from the dealer,  I was expecting a higher cost. So I'm taking the next step and applying for financing to purchase it. Hopefully things will go in my favor.

OH logger

john

woodmills1

I have only looked at the videos.  Did you operate the machine you are looking to buy?
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

logman81

It is not in the same class as a crd processor totally different machine. No did not run a machine little hard to do being in Canada and me in the us.

woodmills1

I would make every effort to run one before you buy.

logman81

timberlinetree

I have seen videos that are not realilistic.  Mostly chippers/splitters processing popular/soft wood. We broke a wedge off twice. It didn't do that in the video. Good luck and hope it works out.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Corley5

I wouldn't buy anything like that for that much $$$ based on a video and photos but that's me  :)  Good luck with it.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

47sawdust

Ontario is a short trip to eliminate a potential for buyer's remorse.
410 miles one way.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

logman81

It's not just the videos that I have based my decision on. I have talked with several owners and gave me the full run down on them. They all like them and have no complaints,  they have only had a couple of minor issues nothing major has broken and the company has stood behind the product 100%. I don't have a vehicle that will make the trip note can I make the time to do it unfortunately working two jobs has all my time.

woodmills1

Thank You Sponsors!