iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Using "Forestry Mover" in Urban area

Started by Climber, December 17, 2015, 07:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Climber

Have you ever drove by "Big Boys" logging company and watch them work. Big chippers / grinders, skidder, forwarders ...
I always fantasized about forestry movers. Finally I made decision to go for it. It is costly setup but could be very useful.
And now when I have it I am wonder how could I do some projects with out it.
Here is one of my projects:
Merrimack Valley Montessori School. They had 30 years of neglected property right by driveway. Poison Ivy, vines, construction garbage, prickle bushes, list goes on and on...
Operation: Total distraction.
2 minutes of your time.
Thanks for watching.

http://youtu.be/PkhQUZpl6c0

beenthere

Climber
You should join the "shameless" on the Forestry Forum page.
https://forestryforum.com/

Might also help your business.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Climber

Quote from: beenthere on December 17, 2015, 08:13:18 PM
Climber
You should join the "shameless" on the Forestry Forum page.
https://forestryforum.com/

Might also help your business.

Sorry, I am not sure what do you mean.

beenthere

Click on the link and go to the front page.  Maybe @Jeff can assist and help you out.

Or go to this thread from the past to get more info about it.
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,15291.msg218673.html#msg218673
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Climber

thecfarm

A nice machine and a very nice job you did.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Climber

Quote from: thecfarm on December 18, 2015, 07:49:54 AM
A nice machine and a very nice job you did.
Machine is nice. Yes. Thanks.
My 6-year old was operated not me, at list most of the time

WV Sawmiller

That's a read slick machine. How does it do on old fence rows? I assume you have to remove the wire first. Sure wish I'd had one when I was a teenager working for my dad putting up chain link fences. He never even bought a chain saw till after I left home. Figured all I needed was an ax and brush hook.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

NWP

Nice. How long did that take from start to finish?
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

pine

Looks like you were running a DCR rotor on that Fecon.  How do you like it.  Do you have a variable speed/2 speed motor on it and if so what is your opinion.  They sure do work nice.

timberlinetree

That does a real nice job! Best thing about those( besides the job they do) is in the summer when you hit bees the little suckers can't get you! Great job!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

chet

Quote from: timberlinetree on December 19, 2015, 06:49:51 AM
Best thing about those( besides the job they do) is in the summer when you hit bees the little suckers can't get you! Great job!

They can if ya got da window cracked.  smiley_furious3  Don't ask. :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Climber

Quote from: pine on December 18, 2015, 10:37:40 PM
Looks like you were running a DCR rotor on that Fecon.   ...
A: I am not sure what is DCR rotor is. It's what came from Fecon. Model BH74CC I think.

... How do you like it.  ...
A: Love it! 8)

...  Do you have a variable speed ...
A: No. I tried variable. Did not like it. Stayed with more simpler version. I think you need variable if you have lower GPM.

Climber

Quote from: timberlinetree on December 19, 2015, 06:49:51 AM
That does a real nice job! Best thing about those( besides the job they do) is in the summer when you hit bees the little suckers can't get you! Great job!

Bzzzzzzzzz

http://youtu.be/EPFn29hBetk

Climber

Quote from: Chet on December 19, 2015, 11:15:19 PM
They can if ya got da window cracked.  smiley_furious3  Don't ask. :D
Not asking... But since you started ...  ???

pine

Quote from: Climber on December 20, 2015, 03:06:17 PM
Looks like you were running a DCR rotor on that Fecon.   ...
A: I am not sure what is DCR rotor is. It's what came from Fecon. Model BH74CC I think.

... How do you like it.  ...
A: Love it! 8)

...  Do you have a variable speed ...
A: No. I tried variable. Did not like it. Stayed with more simpler version. I think you need variable if you have lower GPM.

Here is a picture of the three different rotors that they offer. 

I thought from your video you had a DCR.  I stayed away from it as I have a few rocks that reportedly are not good on the DCR and I was strongly recommended in my use/forestry application not to get it. I have the HDT rotor.  Was curious as to the wear on your tools if it was a DCR. Are you running the Samurai knife or the double carbide tool?

I have 45 gpm flow on my unit and I went with the variable after talking with Mark at Fecon.  I will tell you that the variable flow motor is amazing compared to the single stage that I used previously.  It took a bit to get used to it because as you take a bigger bite it starts to slow down just like the regular hydraulic motors do and the tendency is to back off to let the rotor come back up to speed.  Instead if you just stay engaged the torque of the variable flow kicks in and it is amazing at the diameter that it can chew up.

What gpm does your unit have?  What is your recovery time from a full stall on the rotor?

Climber

Wow, it's alot of info. Thanks Pine.

on the video you can see rotor and teeth on 33rd cecond, when machine still on trailer. I guess it's HDT with double carbide tool.

Quote from: pine on December 20, 2015, 08:10:00 PM... What gpm does your unit have?  What is your recovery time from a full stall on the rotor?
~48 GPM.  I bump a bit so maybe 49-50.
Recovery time is very fast. 2-3 seconds.

pine

It would have helped if I had gone back and watched the video a second time before I asked.  :-[ I would not have asked a stupid question.  :-[
At 13 sec it is real obvious.  I never saw that the first time and was trying to see it from the "at work" part when the camera caught the rotor movement while at speed.  The RC 100 is a nice unit.

Climber

Quote from: pine on December 21, 2015, 08:52:40 AM
... a stupid question ...
There are no stupid questions, only stupid anwsers. However, because you asked your questions I learned alot. Thank you.

Quote from: pine on December 21, 2015, 08:52:40 AM
... The RC 100 is a nice unit ...
Hell ye  8)

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Climber

Cutter/Climber

Nice Machine That should defiantly help you be more productive and bring in more business. I have seen a few company's around here use them when trimming for the power company's. There end job didn't look anything like yours. Keep up the good work. God Bless.

woodmills1

Climber is a friend of mine and I will say he runs a very good tree service and does what the customer asks for.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Cutter/Climber

Yes That is what I am saying. He did an awesome job.

Thank You Sponsors!