iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

FireHouse Table Build

Started by Jimmysmill13, December 16, 2015, 10:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmysmill13

This is a table I have built with a wood \steel combination. The top is a 1 1/4" solid oak, 6" steel Channel, 8" I-beam Legs.

Napoleon1

Very nice!  I like wood and steel together.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

You southern boys sure like heavy rugged stuff. ;D

Looks nice just the same.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

cbla

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

landscraper

Very glossy finish, I like it.  Is it epoxy?
Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Magicman

:o  Wow, that is super nice, plus it can be used as a grease rack for the firetruck.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jimmysmill13

Quote from: landscraper on December 17, 2015, 07:53:13 AM
Very glossy finish, I like it.  Is it epoxy?

Yes it has approx 4 gallons of clear epoxy on it.

Jimmysmill13

Quote from: Magicman on December 17, 2015, 11:31:40 AM
:o  Wow, that is super nice, plus it can be used as a grease rack for the firetruck.   :D

Thanks!

It definitely can hold some weight

Farmerjw

That is absolutely stunning!  How many fireman did it take to carry it in?
Man I would hate to stub my toe on that thing!!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Jimmysmill13

Quote from: Farmerjw on December 17, 2015, 01:15:20 PM
That is absolutely stunning!  How many fireman did it take to carry it in?
Man I would hate to stub my toe on that thing!!

Thanks!

It took 6 of us to carry it in.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

lowpolyjoe

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Slicker than a firehouse pole.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

21incher

That is a great combination of wood and steel. Amazing  job. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Macgyver

I love the steel and wood look.  Do you have any recommendations on a finish to keep the wire brushed look from rusting?  Nice welds too.  It looks great with the paint, and I can certainly see why you chose red, but for any other application, I think it would have looked better raw.  Great job.
Smile! It confuses people

rasman57

That right there is some nice work.  What a beautiful piece of functional gear for the firehouse.  Nobody is gonna walk off with it while you are out either.   You got more in epoxy costs than my first furniture set after college. :D       

samandothers

Did you burn the wood before putting on the epoxy?  Looks almost like it was .... well.... torched!

beenthere

QuoteLooks almost like it was .... well.... torched!

:D :D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

A very nice combination you have made there!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

caveman

Quote from: Macgyver on December 18, 2015, 01:26:48 PM
I love the steel and wood look.  Do you have any recommendations on a finish to keep the wire brushed look from rusting?  Nice welds too.  It looks great with the paint, and I can certainly see why you chose red, but for any other application, I think it would have looked better raw.  Great job.
The table is really cool.  On some metal projects we have done to keep the metal from rusting but retaining the "raw" look, we have sprayed it with clear lacquer.
Caveman

Thank You Sponsors!