1 ½ cups half & half
16 oz day old bread
½ cup salted butter
1 ½ cups brown sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
2 cups pecans
1/8 tsp salt
1 Tbls vanilla

Mix eggs, milk and half & half. In a large bowl pour egg/milk mixture over cut up bread pieces and slightly mix until liquid is absorbed. In a pot, melt butter, add brown sugar and corn syrup, then add salt and vanilla. Stir in pecans and mix well until pecans are coated. Put bread mixture in a Dutch oven or 9" X 13" greased baking dish and pour pecan mixture over bread to incorporate. Bake covered at 350 for 40-50 minutes and remove cover after 30 minutes to brown. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

CHARLIE

This looks good!  I'll definitely give this one a try. Thanks pappy19!
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

scgargoyle

Sounds good! I would add cinnamon to it, just because I add cinnamon to just about everything.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Raider Bill

Quote from: scgargoyle on December 22, 2015, 07:02:58 AM
Sounds good! I would add cinnamon to it, just because I add cinnamon to just about everything.
x2 ;)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

We'll see how she tastes tomorrow evening when I take it to our friends and neighbors Jill and Steve's house for the Christmas meal we have there with them and the foster kids .  :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Jeff
Have been meaning to ask how the foster kids are doing. OK I suspect, being in your neighborhood for a good bringing-up.

That bread pudding does look good. smiley_thumbsup
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

That Pecan Bread Pudding looks lip smacking good.   food6

Pat will bake a Pecan Pie Cobbler today.   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Quote from: beenthere on December 23, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
Jeff
Have been meaning to ask how the foster kids are doing. OK I suspect, being in your neighborhood for a good bringing-up.

That bread pudding does look good. smiley_thumbsup

Kent, this is a whole new set of Foster kids, I think the 3rd group since the original 5 girls. This time is is 3 girls from 5 to 12.  All beautiful girls that deserve so much more from life then what had been dumped on them before. They have been there for 4 months. Could possibly be here for a long time to come. The oldest started band this year and that is why we we attended a Harrison Schools Christmas band recital for the first time in probably 20 years this week.  :)

Jeff

Oh boy, Can we get the pecan pie cobbler recipe? ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've never heard of Pecan Cobbler....pie, yes....cobbler, no. :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Pecan Bread Pudding  2.0  :)

Since there isn't an easy way for ice cream this evening, I decided to whip up some cream cheese icing like we would typically put on cinnamon rolls. I've already installed a longer belt in my pants. :)

21incher

Jeff you have taken bread pudding to the next level. digin_2
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

It is sitting here on the bar, waiting for this evening. I keep walking by it thinking no one would notice if I ate two or three inches out of one end, then just propped a Christmas card up in the void.  Other than my wife that is. :D

Jeff

pappy19

Next time I make this pecan bread pudding, the cream cheese frosting is on top. Glad you all enjoyed this as did all my family. Cheers!!

Pap
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!