iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gearmatic 119 gear chatter noise

Started by concretecutter, December 14, 2015, 05:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

concretecutter

Hi guys got my gearmatic winch working pulled a couple hitches everything works great winch is strong holds well but when the machine is idled I can hear a bad bearing sound coming from either the pinnon bearings or front pto cover that holds the pto shaft/gear and has two additional gears inside the cover what strikes me odd is when you turn the skidder right or left is gets terribly worse almost like a chatter been in the winch three times to try and find this problem all the bearings seem smooth gears look good I even changed the pto shaft bearings front and back of the pro gear thinking that had to be it wasn't it the two transfer gears bearings seem tight against the shaft that holds them in place I can barely wiggle the shaft side to side  any help would be greatly appreciated when I drained the gear oil it was all foamy should I try to rule out the pinion bearings maybe take a shim out that way the ring and pinnon sit tighter together incase they are worn

oldseabee

Sounds like the propshaft is out of phase. or the winch and tractor mounting faces for the prop shaft are not parallel.

concretecutter

Well I figured out my problem on my gearmatic the bearing spacers are badly worn and idler gear bearings are wrong and my pinon bearings press load is bad going to replace all bearings and spacers.
I have done a lot of research on these gearmatic 119 winch and found that most manuals online don't show the adapter housing parts diagram found a parts diagram for the front adapter housing on (numeralkod gearmatic 119)under a Google search. Also found that moose lake mn  northwoods hydraulic and equipment deals with all the parts and rebuilds of these winches if anyone is interested.

HiTech

By "adaptor box", if you are talking about the "drop box" as i call it, where the input shaft goes and there are 3 gears in it, they are an ad on. Gearmatic did not make these. They were put on to keep the input shaft as straight as possible. Most of the winches are bolted to a plate that sits on top of the skidder frame. If it wasn't for the "adaptor box" or "drop box" the angle of the input shaft might be too aggressive for the u-joints. You can get bearings for these but gears and shafts that hold the bearings may be a problem. A local machine shop could make the shafts with no problem. Just make sure they have oil in them. lol

ehp

nothing to do with this problem but I just bought new hold bands and the plunger part that pushes down to release the hold bands , Over $2000 for these parts , things are getting costly

concretecutter

2 grand seems a bit steep you can buy both brake bands and both clutch bands and two plungers for $1100 at forestryparts.com

ehp

just for the plunger on the release side I paid over $800 with tax just for that, gearmatic parts here have went up 30% plus in just the last 6 months

concretecutter

Ehp couldn't you order online from the states and have them ship it up not sure how all that works for you guys up north I'm interested. The plunger I'm looking at is A839Bx for $185

62oliver

Last summer I ordered some parts for mine from the local "dealer", took almost a month and some parts cost as much as 3X what I could get them online for. Was basically told I was not spending enough for them to bother. Got it, thanks, won't happen again.
Ordered some more parts from forestryparts.com, they were at the border in about 5 days as I recall, border is only about 40 mins away so no biggie. Awesome people to deal with too.
Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

ehp

I priced parts for my winch and mine is a newer style , machine is a 1997 year, rebuild kit for my plunger was $280.17 plus shipping, tax and dollar difference so parts pretty much were the same cost

coxy

does your winch work of a handle or the hydro of the skidder

ehp

mine is off the hydro from the skidder

coxy

that's why your brake plunger is more money  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!