iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

STIHL 011 AVT

Started by madmankm, December 09, 2015, 04:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmankm

Hello all and thank you!
I have my father in laws Stihl 011 AVT which has sit for a couple years and in which when he put it away it would not start!
Now I have replaced the fuel line and filter, spark plug and cleaned it. The Fuel Air line needs replaced but I have a short hose on it for testing.
The unit will start if gas is in the carb and only runs until that gas runs out in a few seconds, and it does not seem to be picking up gas from the fuel tank! I took the carb off and the gasket below that seems ok except the bolt holes the gasket is missing on the sides. I have attached a picture of that gasket, is there something I am missing that will make the unit run on its own gas?  Thank you!

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum

To attach your pics which you have in your gallery... three of them so do not need to upload any more ;)

Go to your post, and click "modify" button.

Then below the post window, click the "Click here to add Photo..." which a new window will open.
Don't upload again, but instead click the tab in the menu line "My Gallery" an it will open.
Now click one of the three pics and it will enlarge. Just below the pic will be the URL line that will highlight if you click it. Then just copy (Alt-C) and then paste (Alt-V) that line in your post window.
Click the Preview button to check how it looks, and then click the Post button.  All done.
Any questions, just ask if you get hung up.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

madmankm

dougand3

The gasket is a little rough but not the problem. The fuel pump diaphragm inside the carb is stiff and won't vibrate to pull the fuel in. You need a full carb cleaning and rebuild. Or a new carb. What is the carb model #? Might be Walbro WT-29A. Zama has models for this saw, too.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

Texas-Jim

the gasket has seen its better days but there doesnt appear to be a tear that would stop it from running. That tiny hole at the bottom is an impulse port, it uses crank case pressure to pump fuel. If it were torn there it cant pump fuel but looks good. So that leads to carb itself and it has be rebuilt because new ones are long gone. If your comfy tearing carb apart its probably just a stiff diaphram, they get stiff and brittle from age and old fuel. The rebuild kits are easy to find from bunch of places, we have gentleman on here has used parts if you need some ask him.

And welcome.
What we do in life echoes through eternity.

madmankm

8)Thanks everyone, I rebuilt the carb and the machine is purring like a cat and cutting like a shark! Thank you so much! Now the Oiler.. lol

Thank You Sponsors!