iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Identifying a loader.

Started by Murf, October 07, 2004, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murf

OK, experts, form a line here.

How do I identify a log loader and rotating grapple?

I have one on a Ford tandem but don't know what make or model and want to advertise it for sale.

I don't see any name or model id anywhere on it, but then it's got about a gazillion coats of paint on it too.

The previous owner said it was a Prentice but I know he was 'confused' about a LOT of things........
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Fla._Deadheader

I'd bet posting a pic would be helpful ??? ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Murf

I plan too, but it is located on a bush lot I own about an hour from the house and "She who must be obeyed" has decreed that there are few things on the "Honey Do" list that MUST be done first.... ;)

A beautiful sunny day, 24 degrees, 74 to the rest of the world, and Deputy Dog & I can't go chase wild turkeys & squirrels cause we have to stay home and close the pool. :'(

There outta' be a law against that or sumpin' ........ :P I'll check.

Timber_Framer

Just tell her that in a month or so you'll have your own ice rink and skip the pool draining ;D
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Murf

The best revenge is finding the absolute wackiest way to do something, then saying "Watza' matter Honey, I'm just doing what you asked...".  ;D

Anybody wanna guess how fast you can drain an inground swimming pool with a 6" irrigation pump and a 45hp diesel tractor?  :o

Nearly as fast as you can remove dead shrubs from the front garden with a rubber-tired backhoe eqiupped with a demolition grapple........  ;)

Life in the country is good ..... 8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Norm

Your a man after my heart murf, last year I got out my excavator to help Patty with the potato digging. ;D

The kiljoy made me use a hand spade this year.  :D

mometal77

I was browsing ebay and didnt know if anyone saw this or posted it on another thread look at the loader anyone know what make model it is?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11810&item=7528547773&rd=1
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Murf

Looks like a very old Pettibone, or else a homemade copy of one.

BTW, I pretty much figured out mine is a Prentice, and it's still for sale if anybody want sit..... PLEASE ??

I gotta get rid of it before the Property Appearance Police make a return visit.

DanG

How much you offering if'n I takes it off yer hands, Murf? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Murf

I figger I could do it like them folks on TV late at night ........

It's only $19.95 ........ plus a small charge for shipping & handling of course.  ;D

Some conditions apply, offer void where prohibited by law, common sense, financial fitness, or spousal consent. No promises are made as to the suitability of the product for the task intended or whether or not is goes with your curtains. Specifications and weather subject to change without notice. Those allergic to mosquitoes are advised to consult their physician before wandering into the bush to examine it.

Thank You Sponsors!