iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

LED's

Started by dustintheblood, December 08, 2015, 07:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustintheblood

Winter's nearly here, but the short days already are.

Just out this evening doing some work with the tractor and log trailer wishing that I didn't have to line up the truck and ATV to be able to see.  The new LED lights look great in pictures and on the fancyed up pickup trucks, but I'd like to see if there's any available that are reasonably priced.  Floods that show wide would be great.

If possible does anyone know of a place in Canada (sorry not the US cause our dollar's in the toilet)?  I checked Canadian Tire and Princess Auto online but they didn't seem to have much.

Thanks!
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

350 cummins

i picked up some LED work lights from NAPA/TRACTION on sale for $39.99 about a month ago, they seem to be working great so far, they had them in round or square for the same price
clark 662   john deere 440B   '52 D47U      '7? michigan 75IIIA    JCB 214   '71 KW 8v71    '8? Rounder L700   Lumbermate 2000  '78 Chev C65  Hitachi EX60     cat 931 '90 L800 w/atlas picker    IH TD5 loader       central boiler dealer   range road firewood processor dealer

dustintheblood

Good idea.  There's a NAPA in town here so I'll check them out tomorrow.  How many floods do you have on yours?  I'm thinking two facing the rear and one facing forward.
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

timberlinetree

I bought some lights from hft that were reg and a candle would do better. When I get a chance I'm going to Napa and spend some money.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

bill m

Can't help you with where to get them in Canada. This is what I have on my tractor.

Since these pictures have been taken I have replaced the rear ones with led lights. I will soon be replacing the side ones and the ones on my log loader with led lights also. Much better illumination with the leds compared to halogen.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

BargeMonkey

Napa or T.S has good deals on lights, problem is I keep smashing them off my landing loader with the tree limbs going down the road.  >:(   sending my cab out for glass next week and building light boxes.

GRANITEstateMP

I've bought about 6 pair from Amazon.  They are the cheap Chinese made ones, but as Barge Monkey said, mine get knocked off... a lot!  I use a pair on the back of my pickup for back ups and they are WAY better than the old rubber mount deals I used to get from Napa.  They are also only a little bit more, pretty sure I paid $11 each for the old style and $13 or $14 each for the LED's.  The LED's also draw next to nothing when under load.  I've got 4 mounted on my tractor, 2 rear work lights and 2 up top of the canopy, they  work great.
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

dustintheblood

Thanks guys. Off to NAPA today.

The 10 year old can now reach the pedals on the big Case so I figure that with lots of lights he can start doing the snowplowing in the mornings with the lights before school.  He'll be stoked until it hits home that there's only a canopy and not a cab.

I like the fact that they don't draw much power, and am really hoping to find ones that are wide and not spotlights.

The prices are looking real decent.  I saw some in the 4x4 truck place that were like $300+    Way outta my league since - yeah .... they're gonna get busted.

North River Energy

Surplus Center usually has LED lights on offer, and there's also Mill Supply.   The goods still cost money, but they're competitive and always seem to want the business.

Glenn

I saw a led display in napa today - all on sale for under $50 depending on the styles.  There were about eight styles and sizes.  They all had heat sinks on the back and seemed well built.

711ac

I was skeptical about the led's and the price. I bought a pair of Hella (a good, well known brand) for around $90 for the tractor. Then ordered a China pair from ebay. They were nearly identical including the mounting hardware and the light they gave off. I returned the Hella's and got 4 more "China" lights with money left over.
In my case, I don't really care how much energy they use, but they do have a brilliant white color to the light that I don't get from my other "Hella" halogen work lights.

beenthere

That's how the Chinese thrive making knock-offs. Hella does the development, the Chinese copy and sell on eBay. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

711ac

Sadly, the Hella's were made in China! That's a big reason why I returned them.

DeerMeadowFarm

Quote from: 711ac on December 10, 2015, 09:26:13 PM
Sadly, the Hella's were made in China! That's a big reason why I returned them.
Probably in the same plant by the same workers who made the less expensive ones you bought!

brianJ

Once upon a time several years ago I worked a combine crew on wheat harvest.   The boss leased brand newcombines each year.  Thirty three foot headers on the front and when wheat was ready Midnight was the typical time to stop for the day.   Combines come with a good set of lights but that one the Boss drove had an LED light bar.   It was rather expensive as I recall several thousand but that sucker would light up literally three acres.

Puffergas

My TSC and NAPA did not have them but Walmart had a pair for $25.00, may not be what ya looking for.

I bet all LED components are made in China. I just read that China is getting too expensive and is loosing business to other countries....
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

John Mc

The Hella look-alikes may or may not be made in the same Chines factory as the real Hella lights. Quite frequently, the Chinese factories are making knock-offs of each others products - they're not just stealing from other countries anymore.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Ken

On my old harvester I changed from Halogen to LED and the difference was amazing.  Worth every penny.  I think the ones I bought from a local car dealer were around $40 and were offered in flood or spot.  The new harvester has Xenon lights and they are very bright.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Thank You Sponsors!