iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Passepartout!! who has one?

Started by loggah, December 08, 2015, 06:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loggah

This fall i picked up a passepartout tracked vehicle. A friend of mine was a dealer for them back in the early 70's. They were made in Valcartier Quebec in the late 60' 70's and were being made for the military for use in Vietnam. Well the war ended and they had a bunch of these machines with no place to go. The company then started to look for tractor and implement dealers to sell them. The term "Passepartout" means go anywhere,anytime!! ;D They were later made in Alberta Canada until 1980 then were made in Northern Michigan from 1980 thru 1983.They are a pretty neat little vehicle and were a bit ahead of their time in my opinion. Mine has a 500 cc rotax engine but the original ones used a 340 sach,or 399 cc CCW. Anyone here have one or any parts for them let me know, I think mine is a bit overpowered and will do about 50 MPH !!!!! heres a few pictures.

as you can see being a 2 stroke she smokes a bit when first started !!! ;D ;D

Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

coxy

Corley5

Never heard of them let alone seen one.  Where were they made in N. Michigan ???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

47sawdust

You seem to have a nose for finding oddball machinery. ;D ;D
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

21incher

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Don
You have some nice finds and do a great job fixing them back up .
I was up your way last Friday afternoon at Sam 's place .
Jim
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

loggah

They were made in Lavonia mich. Cant rember the co name at this moment! the owner died in 1983 and so did the passepartout production.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

loggah

Jim,You should have dropped in! I just got to get a fat santa suit and use the PPT and terrorize the neighborhood, maybe Jeff will let me use his  santa hat! ;D ;D Heres a link to a little more info.

http://snowgoer.com/snowmobiling-features/a-go-anywhere-machine-the-passepartout/

brendonv

Thats awesome.  Do you give museum tours?   8)
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

thecfarm

I have never seen or heard of one. How are they in snow,like a snow mobile??
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

loggah

They dont really have big cleats,but i remember they went pretty well,if we ever get any snow i will find out ! ;D

coxy

I would like to come to your house next summer and check out your gold if that would be ok  I like looking at old and odd things and finding out the history on them  are you going to repaint it or leave it  the rotex and the ccw are/where great motors the sach I was never impressed by  ccw stands for continental  Curtis wright  right  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

drobertson

nice, and the look on your face explains a lot. :D :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

coalsmok

Are you taking adoption applications?  I work hard and am a fair mechanic.

timberlinetree

That is really neat and I love smokey 2 strokes!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

loggah

I probably wont paint it,I dont even know how long i will own it! The grandson of my friend who was the dealer for them has been looking for one for a long time,i dont know how long i can fend him off.I was thinking it would work great with a wheeled logging arch behind it. ;D

Skip

You always find the coolest treasures !

Brad_S.

Is the blue machine the same brand?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

loggah

The Blue machine is a Raidtrac model 1800,they are made in Alberta Canada,they also make a smaller machine just like the PPT, called a playcat,a model 613 and 618. Heres a link with pictures.

www.raidtrac.com

DeerMeadowFarm

loggah

Rich,Yup just waiting on cold weather and snow !! ;D

Faron

I figured this was a discussion about Phineas Fogg's butler in "Around the World in Eighty Days".  Interesting machine.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

yukon cornelius

Wow! I want one. I love older, not common stuff like that. I collected a David bradley tri trac but nowhere near as neat as that.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

r.man

Don did the Passe steer by brake, clutch or both. There was one near me but the fellow sold it before I knew anything about them. I own a Valmont double track snowmobile but I always wanted a skid steer two track vehicle for snow and soft ground. Missed a J5 20 years ago as well.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!