iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 608B front engine seal

Started by Mike_M, December 08, 2015, 12:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_M

Happy Holidays,
        I am looking at a 1999 Timberjack 608B with a 5.9 liter Cummings Engine. It has an oil leak that appears to be coming from the front main seal. My question is how difficult and costly of a repair is this? Does the engine have to come out or can it be done without removing it from the machine? Any other helpful tidbits to look for on this model of machine would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Mike

North River Energy

It's not specific to that machine, or that engine, but make sure the crankcase breather isn't sludged up or otherwise blocked.  Excess crankcase pressure will often cause a leak at front or rear main.

Mike_M

I will check that and hope that's what it is. Thank you.

bushmechanic

Not a hard job, depends on the type of seal is there. More than likely you will need a proper seal installer specfic to that engine. Those 608's are really good machines with a good measuring system only thing is they are a bit hard on fuel.

Mike_M

We decided to buy the TJ 608, it will be nice have a dedicated harvester/processor. Currently we have been swapping back and forth the grapples and a Waratah head on our log loader. I will try and post some pictures when we take delivery of the machine.

Thank You Sponsors!