iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cypress slab

Started by underwaterlogger, December 08, 2015, 10:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

underwaterlogger

Cut this 15 ft sinker cypress slab yesterday.
Mobile Dimension circular mill, Woodmizer LT15, Granberg, 50 hp John Deere, 28x9 all aluminum barge, homemade kiln, a ton of chainsaws, scuba gear, scuba certification, and a ton of muscle is how I get it done.

underwaterlogger

Mobile Dimension circular mill, Woodmizer LT15, Granberg, 50 hp John Deere, 28x9 all aluminum barge, homemade kiln, a ton of chainsaws, scuba gear, scuba certification, and a ton of muscle is how I get it done.

DeerMeadowFarm

mesquite buckeye

That's pretty cool. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

When you going to cut a big one? ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Farmerjw

Man what a meeting table that would make!!!!  That is just plain gorgeous!!!!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

cbla

That is epic! What are the plans for that one?

underwaterlogger

Yes would make a beautiful conference table. I'm probably gonna sell it locally. My Salesman is working on it now.

mesquite buckeye

Happy Birthday, dude. ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

underwaterlogger

fishfighter

Were are you located at? That is a chunk of wood. What you sawed it with?

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Outer Rondacker

In his other posts I saw a chainsaw mill in the back round. Sometimes the simple tools do the best jobs. Nice slab.

underwaterlogger

Thank you guys. Yes chainsaw mill and a bunch of chocks.

underwaterlogger

I'm in Louisiana. Any time you guys are in the area let me know I'll take you on a swamp tour.

samandothers

Happy Birthday to both underwater logger AND mesquite buckeye!

larrydown60

Happy birthday and what beautiful slab. Have you ever met Shelby from axe men, he seems to be a wild man.lol

fishpharmer

Very nice! Is "pecky" in some spots?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

underwaterlogger

Yes I know Shelby he is about 45 mins from me and he is not that crazy in real life. Yes it is pecky.

fishpharmer

Outstanding on both counts. Knowing Shelby and the pecky.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Darrel

Quote from: Farmerjw on December 08, 2015, 11:12:38 AM
Man what a meeting table that would make!!!!  That is just plain gorgeous!!!!

I'd love to see that awesome slab, but not if I have to go to a meeting!  (Unless the meeting topic is the table.)
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: samandothers on December 08, 2015, 08:55:26 PM
Happy Birthday to both underwater logger AND mesquite buckeye!
;D

fishfighter

Quote from: underwaterlogger on December 08, 2015, 08:51:43 PM
I'm in Louisiana. Any time you guys are in the area let me know I'll take you on a swamp tour.

Live in the New Roads area. Stop by if you are on my side of the river.

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

underwaterlogger

customdave

That slab is stunning, nice conversation piece....

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!