iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

I remember an old friend of my dad telling how to make "cowboy coffee" in a galvanized bucket, add 1 gal of water, 1 lb of coffee, and a horse shoe, boil on the camp fire till the horse shoe floats.   :o  I also remember him saying never let the truth get in the way of a good story.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandsawmill14

that coffee pot in the pic has an aluminum filter to put grounds in my old one didnt just put grounds in the water boil the let set a few minutes for grounds to settle and enjoy :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Ljohnsaw

When I was working for the man, I had a big mug, probably 16oz.  I would drink a couple cups in the morning.  I was having trouble staying awake at work so I drank more.  I was up to 7 or 8 mugs a day and this was extra strong French Roast.  I would dose off at home if I sat down.  Turned out I had Sleep Apnea.  Got a CPAP and now I don't drink coffee anymore! :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Cranberry, Apple or Orange juice in the morning.....Coffee after supper with dessert.
I doctor my coffee with sugar and flavored creamer.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

caveman

BLACK, six scoops per pot, Duncan Donuts blend, one to three pots a day (before noon).  Sometimes drink it at night but usually follow Dang's P.M. procedure.  I never really drank coffee until I quit dipping snuff several years ago.
Caveman
Caveman

4x4American

Quote from: caveman on December 09, 2015, 10:37:07 PM
BLACK, six scoops per pot, Duncan Donuts blend, one to three pots a day (before noon).  Sometimes drink it at night but usually follow Dang's P.M. procedure.  I never really drank coffee until I quit dipping snuff several years ago.
Caveman

You wanna real buzz before you go to sleep?  Take some coffee grounds, put em in your lip like dip, but drink the spit.  It kinda gets all over the place, unless you wrap it in something like cheesecloth, but it'll wake you right up, and about an hour later you'll come down and sleep like a rock.   ;)
Boy, back in my day..

sandsawmill14

i have fond memories of drinking coffee with my granddad when i was a kid. i stayed with them alot growing up and it was 3 or cups with breakfast and that was it for the day. it was really strong and black.  :) after drinking the cup down to the last little bit  where the ground had settled we would pour the coffee and grounds on a biscuit. that with home cured ham and eggs made a fine breakfast ;D

rjwoelk

Just remembered my first tast of coffee. I was arou d 7 or 8, my sister wanted to see my reaction,  so she said close your eyes and open wide, gullible me I did and she shoved in a big spoon full of perked coffee grounds, well I was a spitting like crazy,  learned my leson there, dont listen to a older sister out experimenting.  :D :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sandsawmill14

:D :D :D  im glad i was the oldest

rjwoelk

Sandsawmill14what part of tn are you from. I have travelled that route probably 6 times over the last 5 years. I do long haul driving. Usally through the bottom of kentucky that way. Beautiful country.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sandsawmill14

western tn about 1/2 way between jackson tn and corinth ms  :)

cbla

2 cups for me. black. one first thing in the morning and one mid afternoon.

Red Good

A 1/2 pot before we get going in the morning then another throughout the day and a fresh pot if needed in the evening . Black and hot now .
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

sawguy21

I remember having a cup of coffee before breakfast, two or three more with then one or two at work. I was then given a chocolate coated bean, (those are good). About a half hour later I was like Elmer Fudd on helium then crash landed, couldn't keep my eyes open. :D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

I had a coffee bean crusted rib eye steak a couple months ago. Certainly different, not bad.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

gww

I don't mean this as a put down but I don't understand those that don't drink coffee.  I drink it from the minute that I wake to when I go to bed.  One of my fondest memories is x-mas at grandmas house and trying to carry the coffee filled to the brim to the adults with out spilling any.  My wife continually yells at me for the little spots of coffee I have dripped in our house so I must have never gotten good at keeping it in the cup but it is still one of my fond memories from child hood. 

I can drink coffee while I am drinking beer.  I don't understand flavored coffee and drink it black.  I like it with a little milk in it but am too lazy so drink black.  I get really bad headaches if I get busy enough that I forget to drink some for too long.   

I remember as a kid, staying up all night around a camp fire so we could check limb lines and trot lines every 2 hours.  Lots of coffee. 

I hardly ever drink water, soda.  I drink milk with food and then coffee all day.  I still love some that don't even drink it but don't pretend to understand them.
Cheers
gww

sawguy21

I worked with a guy like you, his nickname was Nabob.  :D A female co worker that liked the coffee buzz but not the coffee drank Joe which is caffeinated water.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

4x4American

Sounds like you're addicted lol
Boy, back in my day..

CHARLIE

The Cadenhead boys must like their coffee.  Tom drank black coffee from the time he got up until the time he went to bed. You rarely saw Tom without a mug of coffee in his hand or nearby.  He drank so much coffee that his wife, Gayle, bought him a two pot coffee maker.  Tom was buried with a coffee mug in his hand.  I have and still use Tom's insulated coffee mug he used at his mill. I use it in my truck. Now, this boy fixes 12 cups of coffee each morning. My wife, Donna, will drink 1 or 2 mugs and I'll drink the rest, which equates to about 8 to 10 cups.  I rarely drink anymore coffee unless I go to a cafĂ© to meet a friend. Then it'll be another 5 or 6 mugs.

Now, most of you boys say you dring "x" number of cups of coffee. I'll bet that every one of you drink your coffee from a mug, which holds about 2 cups of coffee.  A cup is 8 ounces and I don't think I know  anyone that drinks only 8 ounces of coffee in the morning.  :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

kensfarm

My coffee grinder has duck tape on it.. but I've had it for over 15 years.  Use to drink all day long.  Dark roast.. strong enough to walk on.. almost sweet.. CoffeeMate.  I make mud. 

Try this sometime..  take paper filter w/ coffee and use metal twisty tie to make teabag.. put in the pot until boiling.. I let it boil some.. use spoon to squish on it to make coffee stronger.  Makes a very rich tasting coffee.. makes house smell like coffee too.

Now I want some coffee..

hopm

Keep a cup sitting somewhere close all day and most of the night. Remember when I was about 5 or so getting started on it with my grandpa fox hunting. Coffee and sardines was the standard.

sandsawmill14

havent had sardines in years. when i was a kid we took them to the field or woods where ever we were workin. sardines in mustard sauce and crackers  with a rc cola was hard to beat :)

hopm

But everybody turns their nose up at the mustard sauce but that's my favorite. Use to pour vinegar on them too....that was a real treat. :)

4x4American

Quote from: kensfarm on December 13, 2015, 08:10:21 PM
My coffee grinder has duck tape on it.. but I've had it for over 15 years.  Use to drink all day long.  Dark roast.. strong enough to walk on.. almost sweet.. CoffeeMate.  I make mud. 

Try this sometime..  take paper filter w/ coffee and use metal twisty tie to make teabag.. put in the pot until boiling.. I let it boil some.. use spoon to squish on it to make coffee stronger.  Makes a very rich tasting coffee.. makes house smell like coffee too.

Now I want some coffee..

Good idea.  Think I'll try it!
Boy, back in my day..

Corley5

I used to a drink 2 24oz cups with half and half for color from the local gas station everyday.  They've got a good Bunn coffee machine and they keep it up.  I still drink coffee if we have breakfast out but that's it..  White Monster Zero Ultras have replaced other forms of caffeine for me.  I probably drink more of them than I should.  They are refreshing ;D  No caffeine after 5PM these days.  I used to be able drink a pot of coffee and go to bed.  Not anymore.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!