iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coffee??

Started by Magicman, December 08, 2015, 08:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Den Socling

When I stopped drinking beer in the evenings, I started to have a cup of strong coffee with Half & Half after dinner. I really look forward to it now days. However, after my coffee, I read novels like Arkady Renko mysteries, Girl with a Pearl Earing, Lonesome Dove and a ton of others. And while I'm reading, I'm snacking on Sesame Sticks, Cheezits and other fattening food. My belly would look better if I was still drinking beer. :D

Carson-saws

All sounds like the perfect evening snack.  I'm thinkin your belly thanks you.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Skioutty

Quote from: Carson-saws on May 03, 2016, 10:36:37 PM
I can not understand how it is that Starbucks took a good ole cuppa coffee and just had ta turn it into some kind of candy in a hot cup.....give me a cup of black coffee and I am a happy Man....what in theeee world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny, one of my favorite cups of coffee is Starbuck's Veranda blend....black of course!

Okrafarmer

Over the past year, the weird guy you've come to know as Okrafarmer made yet another weird discovery. That discovery is: in his opinion, coffee tastes better if it sits out over night and is reheated after 24 hours or so. Why? Who knows.  ???  ;D
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

sawguy21

I take it you like yours with a bit of an edge. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Okrafarmer

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 26, 2016, 10:06:52 PM
I take it you like yours with a bit of an edge. ;D

Actually, I consider it to mellow down and soften out, sitting overnight.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

sandsawmill14

i just finished my first cup since march :o i like it strong 2 spoons off coffee and 1 spoon of water ;D  ok may not hardly that bad but close :D :D :D with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar per cup :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Magicman

My MIL was a coffee fanatic and could instantly tell the difference between coffee brands.  She preferred to brew a pot, let it cool, and then keep it in the frig.  She would then pour a cup and microwave it.  She claimed that it was much better.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Raider Bill

My friend Jimbo does the same thing. Swears it's better coffee.
I use a percolator. That 10 minutes waiting for the coffee to brew in the morning seems like 2 hours. Maybe something I could try.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Czech_Made

Did you ever try coffee with a pinch of salt? 

Raider Bill

Quote from: Czech_Made on September 27, 2016, 10:12:47 AM
In the grounds?

Carson-saws

Ahh..overnight coffee....old friend of mine that worked for the RR called it just that "rail road coffee"...reaches right outta the cup and bites ya...had another friend that always said.."I like my coffee how I like my women...blonde and sweet"..aka: cream and sugar...just good old black cuppa joe and I am good for the day...

rjwoelk

On the road I will get half french vanilla half medium and that is good hot cold or warm..
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Raider Bill

Peculated, 1 scoop per cup of water[10oz] or just fill both the basket and water.
Half and half, level teaspoon of raw sugar.
Pee till 3...

Carson-saws

Raider Bill.... :D...sounds like the percolator is percolatin the bladder huh.... :D

Czech_Made

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 27, 2016, 10:27:41 AM
In the grounds?

No, in the mug, just a pinch.  I read about it in Hunt for Red October - drinking coffee the Navy way and I had to try it  :)

Magicman

Just a pinch....no more.  Either way, before brewing or after does not matter, but measuring is easier by the cup after brewing.  There is a chemical basis for this practice. The Na+ ion (salt) diminishes bitterness by interfering with the transduction mechanism of that taste. The effect occurs below the level at which the salty taste would be registered.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Grizzly

Quote from: Czech_Made on September 28, 2016, 09:03:55 AM
Quote from: Raider Bill on September 27, 2016, 10:27:41 AM
In the grounds?

No, in the mug, just a pinch.  I read about it in Hunt for Red October - drinking coffee the Navy way and I had to try it  :)

We put a pinch in the grounds as that is all a whole pot needs here. We have learned that this is especially important if you have chlorinated water (city water) piped to your home or if your well water is of lower quality. That pinch of salt corrects a lot of flavour problems and leaves the coffee to be enjoyed.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Czech_Made

Quote from: Magicman on September 28, 2016, 09:34:48 AM
Just a pinch....no more.  Either way, before brewing or after does not matter, but measuring is easier by the cup after brewing.  There is a chemical basis for this practice. The Na+ ion (salt) diminishes bitterness by interfering with the transduction mechanism of that taste. The effect occurs below the level at which the salty taste would be registered.

Learn something new every day  ;D

Thank you  :)

Okrafarmer

Wow! Now I'm going to have to try it.

I have tried a lot of other things in my coffee, but not salt.

Raider Bill

I put some in mine this morning. Best way I can describe it is I'll putting it in tomorrow too.
Seems to smooth it out adding  a favorable taste.

Magicman

My Granddaughter decided that I needed my very own personalized coffee travel mug.   :)

BradMarks

That mug reminds me of a work hat my daughter got me when she was 6 yrs old.  In bold letters across the front it said "WORK" ;D

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

horselogger50

I drink ice coffee in the morning and mid afternoon, take it with 6 sugars and 6 cream,

Thank You Sponsors!