iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the war wounds caution post op pics

Started by Quartlow, October 06, 2004, 08:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Well i had shoulder operation yesterday. Who would have thought a few little holes would hurt like this. on a lighter note the rotator cuff wasn't torn, had 6 spurs that where irrating it severly. start therapy tommorrow. I even got a bag a dope piped right into my arm to help with the pain.
   8)

good thing I taught the cousins kid how to run the saw mill now all I have to do is convince the wife to off laod the boards. opefully I'm only looking at 6 weeks or so of therapy

Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Tom

Stick with the therapy and give it a chance.  Hopefully you have a good Therapist.

bighoss550

oooooooo gives me chills........
good luck with therapy, it does amazing things when u allow it. ;)

Jeff

I hope mine looks like that Monday, but they sure are talking about connecting the dots on me. :-/  You should be up and at it in less then a month eh?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Quartlow

thanks guys I'm hoping not to be off to long, still have to get a roof over the mill yet

I hope they don't have to connect the dots on you either Jeff

bighoss550, from stoneboro huh? I get up there for the fair, my nephews pull tractors there. have a bunch of family around grove city and plain grove
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

CHARLIE

Looks like my shoulder a couple of years ago. Except I had more stuff wrong.  I even had one of those pain pumps. Check the price on that sucker. :o  But it's worth it.  My surgeon told me that because there are a lot of nerves in the shoulder, it's one of the most painful operations.  Most shoulder surgeries will take about 3 months to recover. Do your therapy like clockwork......that's important.

One thing that surprised me was how many people undergo shoulder surgery.

Good luck on your surgery Jeff!  Be sure to mark the bad shoulder with an 'X' so they operate on the correct one. :o
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

whitepe

Jeff,
You gotta have Tammy stop thumping on your shoulder
or you gotta learn to duck quicker.   :D

Seriously... I assume it's a repetitive motion injury
due to running the sawmill at Billsby??

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

oldsaw

My wife had hers done last year, and it is still giving her trouble since she has had a couple of "incidences" with it.

As for myself, I didn't go under the knife after I messed my shoulder up.  It's been almost 15 years and I still can't raise my left arm over level with my shoulder straight out the side.  

Taking it a little easy now will get you on the mill and offloading it yourself a lot faster, and save you years of pain.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

CHARLIE

Oldsaw, my surgeon told me that my shoulder would never be as good as new. Maybe 85%.  But that's better than 0%.  Sure, it hurts at times and is not as strong, but at least I can lift my arm now. I just believe that once the doctors start cutting on you, whatever they mess with will never be 100% fixed.....but better.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Timber_Framer

So Jeff are you going in for arthroscopy or a good old fashion filleting?
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Jeff

They are supposed to start with arthroscopy but the admissions nurse says that the surgical orders or what ever those papers are say "extended stay" So, she says those two things dont go together. Expecting the fillet job but hoping for the best.

Timber_Framer

Well I hope they use a blade with a small kerf...good luck!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Quartlow

Well at this point in time I feel better than I thought I would.

If I get 65% to 85% of origanol back I'llb e a happy camper. At least the therapy nurses are all hotties and they aren't as mean as everyone told me they where going to be. Besides Ijust turned on the ole QL charm and they melted like butter.

Darn things itching so it must be healing. Got some shop time in today, nothing heavy just put some stuff away and ran the shop vac some getting  some much needed cleanup done. That alone improved my mental state
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Jeff

Sounds like yer doing pretty good right outta the box!

AtLast

Quartlow,
OUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :o.. :o.I really hope youre recovery goes well and ur back ta  milling....keep the faith and best wishes to ya

Thank You Sponsors!